Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
cold chillin
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im just about fed up with my lip. this is the 2nd time ive repainted my lip and after only a lil more than 2 months, theres already a shit load of paintchips on the lip and ONLY the lip (my front bumper paint is STILL holding strong)

it IS winter, so i understand the conditions are much harsher on the roads as to summer, but geez 2 months and its already startin 2 look like shit? is it the paintshop who sucks or is it the abs plastic material that sucks? ive read on a couple posts on here that people are having the same problems.

any greddy lip owners care 2 voice their comments opinions? i wonder if im the only one with this problem. as of right now, gracer can kiss my ass for makin products made of crappy material :(

·
Registered
187 Posts
mines holdin up fine... i dunno though it might be because mines black and cant tell the difference. im on my second one as well. fuked up my first one on a parking curb

·
pete
1,088 Posts
Mine is white and its holding ok too.. I do have some tiny chips but its not even noticable....

I've had it for a few months now and no way i'm taking it off :)

·
cold chillin
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah with my satin silver u can definately see the chips. theyre not deep into the primer, but there is definately paint missing. imagine a greddy lip with freckles n thats what i got haha.

·
cold chillin
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another question. are u guys dropped? and if so, how many inches? im dropped on goldlines 1.5 in. on 17" wheels.

·
pete
1,088 Posts
about a 1" drop with the spoon progressive springs... no problem going over speed humps but have to go sideways to get into the driveway.

·
RED DRAGONS!!!
11,903 Posts
No problems here either, I sprayed mine myself to make sure it was done correctly, no complaints I have about 9,000 miles with the lip on too.

·
cold chillin
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn, my bodyshop must SUUUUUUUUUCK then. so if i happen 2 respray it, should i just have em do hella layers? what is the "correct" way to spray it killerblackbird?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
mine is holding up... i'm still on my first one w/ 4k miles on it.. it's been beaten with new jersey winter, but it's still good... i did get a rock chip on it and a few scratches from hitting curbs but in no way needs to be redone... i can't believe all you cali people are f'ng up your lips, i wish we had that weather here in NJ...

i am dropped on sportlines with 18s and it's still holding up... even if it does break, i wouldn't get anything else!

·
RED DRAGONS!!!
11,903 Posts
Yes, I sprayed the $h!+ out of it. I put about 3 or 4 coats of urethane sealer primer on first then 4 coats of SSM base and 4 or 5 of clear. Obviously I sanded the ABS to start with and between coats. All products except the sealer/primer were DuPont and the primer/sealer was a Western brand. That probably has a little to do with it too, if it was an inexpensive paint it may not adhere properly to the surface. I remember my Silver Chroma-base paint alone was about $70 a quart.

·
Registered
28 Posts
greddy lip ?

pckit said:
Mine is white and its holding ok too.. I do have some tiny chips but its not even noticable....

I've had it for a few months now and no way i'm taking it off :)

does it look good in white...never seen pik of it...?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hey sqratch were did you order/or get you greedy lip for and did it come painted or did you get it painted. Because i was thinking of going with either a oem or greedy which one is the best to go with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts