Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question:
The day after I applied my first coat of Z5 it pissed rain on my car for like 2 days straight before I had a chance to apply another coat as I would have liked. :( It beaded great for the first day but gradually it didnt bead as nicely. Should I apply another coat of Z1, or should I just continue where I left off with the Z5.

Other than this minor setback with mother nature, Zaino is awesome!! I was really impressed with the shine and the super fine beading.

P.S. Anybody looking to buy some Zaino stuff in the TO. area - Homer2 was a great guy to deal with.:thumbsup:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
sheesh - is this a new low ?

im typing a message to a colon :D

no need to re Z1 yet - just wash , dry and slap on another layer . .
all is good.

what effect did the beading do ?

oh, and thanks for the kind words :wavey: :thumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL - Yeah the name is from the book/movie 'Fight Club' - Kind of an inside joke:)

Well after the first rainfall the beads were really tiny in diameter and the water protection was obviously awesome, but as the rain kept coming, the bead diameter got slightly larger and larger (never got any sheeting or anything like that though - it was pretty obvious that the polish was on there and doing its job). I just wasnt sure whether this was normal or whether the polish needed to set longer or something - so I thought I'd check with you.

Thanks

Edit: the "inside" joke pun was unintentional:laughing:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
ah - never say fight club - and i dont read books (unless they are on tv movie of the week) so , i didnt get it.

funny thing i have noticed . .

i dont get huge pools of water either - they are regular looking ( at least the water that doesnt run off the car) - but when i go to move the car after a rain - it slides off like crap through a goose . .

*keeping the colon reference alive* :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a bird crap problem too due to a tree on my front lawn :mad: . A few days ago I went up and cut off all the branches on that side of the tree (that reached over my driveway). Much better now, although the tree looks a little silly, and the birds are a bit more cramped on the other side than before, but my car is that much safer :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.