Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this rear mugen bar off a seller a few months ago. He claimed the bar was 100% Authentic. I haven't installed it yet but just wondering if this piece is actually AUTHENTIC. The bar came with extended bolts/nuts. The mugen sticker is not on the bar...Thanks

·
Andy wuz here
19,454 Posts
it looks legit but its hard to tell, the replica looks so similar. i have the replica and its almost the same, only thing different i see between myne and urs is around my welds i have a golden burn

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^Thanks, any other opinions???

Reactions: AltarBoy

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
looks legit. the welds look pretty good. pics of the sticker?

·
#BAMF
21,617 Posts
did you get the little rubber pieces to cover the area you have to cut out for where the bar rests?

i have a replica as well..

ur bar looks fine..

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks legit. the welds look pretty good. pics of the sticker?
Didnt come wit the sticker...

did you get the little rubber pieces to cover the area you have to cut out for where the bar rests?

i have a replica as well..

ur bar looks fine..
No rubber pieces, I dont think this one is a replica. Thats why Im askin if its Authentic which I believe it is but need someone to confirm this..

BUMP...

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bump. any1?

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bump

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Need to know if this is REAL or FAKE...Bump

·
Epic
5,620 Posts
It looks like a high quality piece to me. I'm no expert, but it appears to be authentic to me. I wonder if anybody with a replica or authentic bar could post up pictures to compare.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
The thing is how come all of the sudden after you purchased the bar for a few months.. one day it somehow occurred to you that it might be fake? .. isn't it too latE?

it looks real to me tho' ;- )

·
Registered
7 Posts
The thing is how come all of the sudden after you purchased the bar for a few months.. one day it somehow occurred to you that it might be fake? .. isn't it too latE?

it looks real to me tho' ;- )
WORD!!!!

BTW, It's real, you can tell by the color of the welds, the golden welds are the fake ones, while the silver/chrome welds are legit.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
homie, wat does that have to do with anything. I didnt feel like installing it. Bump...Anyone with a definate answer. Thanks

·
Q_Q
8,104 Posts
there use to be a thread on this, it compared the authentics to the replicas, had pictures and everything, very useful, it was pretty old so it would seem they deleted it >_< they also seem to get rid of the good threads -_-;

ill post up pics of the welds on mine later

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
there use to be a thread on this, it compared the authentics to the replicas, had pictures and everything, very useful, it was pretty old so it would seem they deleted it >_< they also seem to get rid of the good threads -_-;

ill post up pics of the welds on mine later
thanks bro...Everyone has said its legit through this thread or PM's but no one is certain. The reason I want to know if its 100% authentic is because I am planning on selling it. Depending on the outcome, I will know the askin price..

·
Banned
21,941 Posts
My welds aren't bronze-colored, and it's a replica. If it's a really well-done replica, it'd be almost impossible to tell if you bought it second hand.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^add $100 more and its yours... By the way selling for $150 if anyone is interested...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts