Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
06 JGM type-s
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I was going through the auto car-wash, after i was about a couple of minutes in to the wash, my car just died. No rough idle or anything that stood out, it just died. Left the car off for about 3 minutes and it started right back up, no CEL or anything out of the ordinary, anyone have any idea what would've caused it? Only mod is injen short-air intake.

·
.♥
10,295 Posts
I doubt it, once the car starts and is running the battery doesn't do anything. Maybe check your ALT
:face: lol duuuurr. Idk what I was thinking.

Yeah it must be something electrical. Fuel pump could be it, but that's pretty unlikely.

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts
Those things produce a literal cloud of moisture. My thinking is that something got wet or damp. The heat dried it out/off just as quickly.

Find another car wash or go through in reverse next time. Or just turn the engine off while the thing is in hurricane mode.

Free advice. So take it for what's it's worth. But good luck. -scott

·
06 JGM type-s
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those things produce a literal cloud of moisture. My thinking is that something got wet or damp. The heat dried it out/off just as quickly.

Find another car wash or go through in reverse next time. Or just turn the engine off while the thing is in hurricane mode.

Free advice. So take it for what's it's worth. But good luck. -scott
That's what Im thinking happened.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts