Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive my rsx in sport mode / tiptronic just about all the time except for if im eating or something. If its in regular Drive mode sometimes it will downshift early like and its revved up to I think 5k before, it happens when im slowing down really fast I think? I think the last time it happened I was slowing down fast on a steep hill and when it down shifted I got thrown out of the seat a bit but maybe its just a safety feature? Its really not often it happens I think its only happened like 3 times. Im thinking if its not a safety feature mabey its because since I rarely use it the computer is not tuned to my driving habits or something

·
Flying Cat
1,408 Posts
It was a common problem for the Prelude that using tiptronics too much would cause transmission issues, maybe it's the same on the RSX. If you like shifting so much, maybe shoulda bought a manual RSX.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Most modern auto trannys will learn the driving pattern of its driver. I.E you drive your auto like its a "manual" so therefore overtime your auto tran will shift like its a manual. Theres two solution to your problem. Tranny swap, or disconnect your battery so it resets the brain and drive like a normal person for awhile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts