Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i got a 2003 BLACK ACURA RSX..AUTO...i got AEM COLD AIR intake and HKS full catback exhaust..i know stock 160 hp..but w/these mods how much hp do you all think i have now?? i want speed i know all of yall are saying"well why didnt you get the TYPE S" not because im cheap and didnt want to spend the extra 2 grand or whatever to get it..its because i didnt want stick..and i know stick makes it faster...but oh well i just didnt feel like shifting gears and shit..too much traffic here anyways.....any advice on what kind of headers or anything to get? and what is a HONDATA i keep seeing you all talk about?? Also my friend has a celica GT-S automatic..can i take him?? hes stock..THANKSSSSSS

·
Registered
925 Posts
wassup bro

hey, i got a base auto also. I got a DC shorty headers that i selling for $200 shipped. If u wanna see pix of my car go to www.seattlersx.com , go to the image gallery and look for rsexypnoy. aite bro. its good to have another base auto on here.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I'm also a base auto. I just installed my Apexi V-AFC II this past saturday and lemme tell u, best bang for ur buck. I changed my VTEC point to 4300 instaed of our crappy 2200 and its finally nice to hear and feel vtec. Granted its not nearly as loud as the type s but getting that boost at 4300 or whatever u wana set it at is great. My buddy Ross threw it on my car in about 45min. Total was 280 shipped and I feel more gains with that then I did with cai, headers and exhaust. I now have all oem type s exhaust parts and the low end torque is great. Now that I have a stronger VTEC I am happy with the outcome. So I'd say go with the Apexi VAFC II as ur next mod. Have fun with it man. I know I am.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
AcuraRacesRSX said:
I'm also a base auto. I just installed my Apexi V-AFC II this past saturday and lemme tell u, best bang for ur buck. I changed my VTEC point to 4300 instaed of our crappy 2200 and its finally nice to hear and feel vtec. Granted its not nearly as loud as the type s but getting that boost at 4300 or whatever u wana set it at is great. My buddy Ross threw it on my car in about 45min. Total was 280 shipped and I feel more gains with that then I did with cai, headers and exhaust. I now have all oem type s exhaust parts and the low end torque is great. Now that I have a stronger VTEC I am happy with the outcome. So I'd say go with the Apexi VAFC II as ur next mod. Have fun with it man. I know I am.
great, now your engine is a 12-valve for even longer. :dontknow:

-g

·
Banned
3,328 Posts
AcuraRacesRSX said:
You are joking right? The Base has a dual intake runner system changing the VTEC point will do nothing for you. Well thats not true, it will fuck up your lower end torque even worse.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
man o man, you guys have no clue. stop reading bogus ass posts and install one and then tell me something. u can stick with your gas saver 2200rpm vtec as i stick with my 4300rpm vtec. you all need to do some more research. if you dont believe me oh well. dont try to act like you know all, cause obviously you dont. and sorry my low end torque is the same, wow you guys know everything! yeah right! Damn people try to flame me even when my the mod ive done was a sucess, weird.

·
Banned
3,328 Posts
AcuraRacesRSX said:
man o man, you guys have no clue. stop reading bogus ass posts and install one and then tell me something. u can stick with your gas saver 2200rpm vtec as i stick with my 4300rpm vtec. you all need to do some more research. if you dont believe me oh well. dont try to act like you know all, cause obviously you dont. and sorry my low end torque is the same, wow you guys know everything! yeah right! Damn people try to flame me even when my the mod ive done was a sucess, weird.
Gas saving vtec yes, all you have done is change your gas saving VTEC to engage higher. You haven't modified the fuel tables or advanced the timing with your V-AFC. So unless you have a magic V-AFC that turns your base VTEC into real VTEC the gains are all in your head.

The Base head doesn't flow air as well at higher rpm, giving it a better low end torque band then the Type-S. Moving your VTEC up will only hurt your hp/tq band since the Base head can't flow the air needed to create more power.

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
You can't just throw a V-AFC II into your car, push some buttons and that be it. You need to go get it TUNED. I'm a little confused why you would want to RAISE your vtec point..

Don't waste the money with afc-II, get a real ecu reflash that has been researched and developed.

http://www.hondata.com/k20a3autorsxrelease.html

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I give up! I am happy with my mod. That's all that matters. Happy moding to all. Shit maybe I should of just bought a freakn SUV a lot less hassle from people who know all. Anyway the original thread wasn't about my controller so lets get back on topic. I say race header and keep ur stock exhaust has better low end torque. Some stickier tires and suspension. Don't get my apexi vafc because acording to one person I know nothing about cars and wasted my money. Good luck to you man and welcome to the board, sorry u were introduced to flamming so soon.
Brendan

·
Registered
862 Posts
I know it might be alittle too late for the auto rsx vs auto GTS.. but i had personal experience and it gets pretty close.. they have 20 more HP and a good amount less weight.. but when it comes down to it.. its pretty close.. i raised a few and i have won some and lost to some. After my intake and gasket i seem to be beating them more often.. in my experience we have more advantage at higher speeds.. if we go till 90mph or higher i always seem to win... i guess that has to do with torque .. but yeh.. just my 2 cents.

·
OG Member
10,979 Posts
AcuraRacesRSX said:
I give up! I am happy with my mod. That's all that matters. Happy moding to all. Shit maybe I should of just bought a freakn SUV a lot less hassle from people who know all. Anyway the original thread wasn't about my controller so lets get back on topic. I say race header and keep ur stock exhaust has better low end torque. Some stickier tires and suspension. Don't get my apexi vafc because acording to one person I know nothing about cars and wasted my money. Good luck to you man and welcome to the board, sorry u were introduced to flamming so soon.
Brendan

everbody else has a point.

did you ever notice on how the hondata lowers the vtec point? there is a reason for this. you WANT to be in vtec longer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts