Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
I believe it is currently Snell 2000 or the two previous classifications that are acceptable, however for local events, they are more more slack here

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
they will run u about 150$ for a cheap one... I think... unless you get open-face which should be cheaper...

local events don't give a rat's ass what you're wearing... as long as it's solid and on your head. I saw people running motorcycle, auto, quad, dirt-bike helmets, etc. without any problem.

·
Registered
171 Posts
btw - It's probably better not to get a motorcycle helmet, just in case you want to take part in NASA meets or regional/nationals etc. Most of those won't allow motorcycle helmets, it really depends on the group though. :dontknow:

·
Registered
449 Posts
As far as I know, Snell M rated is all thats needed. The SA rated helmets have nomex interiors and are fire resistant -AKA- more expensive. Save yourself some $$$ and just get something M2000 rated, that is unless you plan to have the inside of your car catch on fire =]

·
Registered
200 Posts
tag said:
btw - It's probably better not to get a motorcycle helmet, just in case you want to take part in NASA meets or regional/nationals etc. Most of those won't allow motorcycle helmets, it really depends on the group though. :dontknow:
What would be the best "all-around" helmet to get? I'll be doing 90% SCCA soloII this summer, but maybe some other club's events as well (nothing on the national, or even regional level).:thumbsup:

·
Banned
9 Posts
open-faced are hard to find....its just a matter of preference really and for just auto-x'ing your RSX, you will never really need the functionality of either

Time wise is just a guess...until new twchnology comes around, but most clubs will honor 2-3 cycles of helmets

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Toward the bottom of this page:
http://www.soloperformance.com/catalog_helmet.htm

There are some Snell M2000 rated open and closed face helmets that are great for Autocross. $69-$79 for open face, $85 for full face. That's about as cheap as you will find them. They are decent helmets for the price. I know several guys using them....and they are definitely nicer than having to share the loaner helmets!

·
is Ultradian Bipolar
307 Posts
thanx for this thread. i have been looking for a helmet.
had a tough time measuring my head. the ruler didnt wrap around my head :laughing:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.