Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 auto, and when i bought the car it was nice and smooth shifting.But now that i've had it 7,000 miles it is starting to shift a little harder, and it doesnt seem like it shifts at the right rpms.any suggestions?Thanks
:confused:

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Does it work better in select-shift mode?
My old ford had a similar problem, it turned out to be a sensor in the transmission. You should take it to the dealer (since it's under warranty anyways) and have them check it before you damage the trans.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It kind of feels touchy when you accel like its not getting all the power also.I do have a aem v2 intake.not sure exactly all together what it is

·
(•_•) ( l :) (.-.) (: l )
12,876 Posts
honestly i'm guessing it is all in your head...you driving in SS or D?

·
Registered
439 Posts
sounds like the car is getting used to how you drive, itll shift according to the angle of the throttle body, and load on engine. So the car is learning how you drive basically, thast how new cars work, adaptive ...

·
o(o.O)o wooots!
217 Posts
take out the battery for 10 mins and it should reset the ecu hopefully that will help because i dont believe that your tranny needs new auto trans fluid because it is under the 60K mark. good luck i hope this helps! :)

·
CNN's smart ass 'lil bro
3,006 Posts
Take the battery out?

Is there a secret power/ground wire on the bottom I'm not aware of? LOL

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i disconnected the battery before and let it sit for like a minute then reconnected,and it ran slightly better the it went back to it again.say i was to throw the pedal to the floor when its accelerating ,in normal drive mode,it will accelerate but you will feel differences during the whole range of rpms .maybe i should just hit up the dealership

·
Meta Member
4,424 Posts
duger19 said:
sounds like the car is getting used to how you drive, itll shift according to the angle of the throttle body, and load on engine. So the car is learning how you drive basically, thast how new cars work, adaptive ...
What the hell are you talking about?

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
the auto trans on the RSX is not adaptive. Only the TL has the adaptive throttle. Your car will run better if you disconnect the battery because it's relearning the program while you drive, once it relearns it then it will slow down some.

My guess is that you're suffering from heatsoak with the v2. You should use a CAI.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have an 05 Base Auto, and I think I know what you're talking about. The way I drive, which is pretty tame by anyone's standards, I usually don't notice the problem.

For me, when I gas close to WOT, the engine would rev, but would not move as fast at say 2k rpm than at 3k rpm... there is a noticeable sudden jump, like something finally catches on....

Maybe our problems are similar, but I have not tried anything to remedy the "problem." I got the car with 77 miles on it. Perhaps I should reset the ecu and see what happens.

·
Registered
439 Posts
What am i talking about? im syaing the cars get used to the driver and when you earse the memeory, or diconnected abttery it goes back to reg specs, and it has to re learn the way you drive ,... thast what im talking about

marshall'02 said:
What the hell are you talking about?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Does the RSX has some type of adaptive transmission or no? It always feels like my RSX now knows when to downshift by itself in D unlike before where i literally need to wot to make it downshift

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,231 Posts
The PCM takes signals from 5 different sensors (TPS, ECT, barometer, brake pedal position and shift lever position), and controls shifting during travel upgrade or downgrade (grade logic control). It compares these signals to the actual driving condition profile stored in memory and shifts the gears accordingly (only in D or D3). It also does this when you are driving aggressively around corners, to help control shifting during acceleration/deceleration in the corners. Pulling the PCM fuse for 15 minutes will erase the stored driving conditions and set it back to default. It will be re-learned when you start driving again.

·
Registered
147 Posts
rensoyka said:
It will be re-learned when you start driving again.
Thanks for the post. When you say re-learned, does that mean the ECU, once it learns how you drive, will never learn again? As in, it stops learning how you drive once you reach a certain point in time? I'm just curious as to whether or not the ECU programming is dynamic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here guys with an automatic trans question.
My Acura dealer states he will do a transmission 'flush' for a fee.
Is this really needed or can I merely just change the fluid?
Also, with the RSX, when you change the ATF, do you really change all of it
or [in the case of Chevy] just a portion of it?

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,231 Posts
I don't know the mechanism for properly flushing an AT, I would ask the dealer. When you just drain, a portion of the fluid will remain in the torque converter.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts