Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
i thought the first flush is around 110,000 miles? I dont have the manual with me so Im not compeltely sure

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have a 06 auto, and when i bought the car it was nice and smooth shifting.But now that i've had it 7,000 miles it is starting to shift a little harder, and it doesnt seem like it shifts at the right rpms.any suggestions?Thanks
:confused:
mine is auto too and at 7k. The shifting is a bit harder i noticed also but thats ok. Dont know about the shifting at right rpms part...take it to dealer...its under warranty

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
mine is auto too and at 7k. The shifting is a bit harder i noticed also but thats ok. Dont know about the shifting at right rpms part...take it to dealer...its under warranty
your not giving it enough gas.. lol... try giving it more, mine shifts as smooth as butter at 3.2k

·
TEKES RAZE HELL!
811 Posts
pfft i got auto too and the way i drive, doesn't seem like my tranny is learning shit.

as far as i know, if you drive while tranny is cold it shifts a little jerky but eases out of that the more it shifts.

i would like to know where you guys heard rsxs learn to shift according to driving habits

·
Ga- Crew Like Glue
657 Posts
time for a swap !!!! lol im sorta feeling the same thing on my base auto i feel like i need a swap and power

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
these trannys aren't fool proof... so yeah.. i only expect my tranny to last about 40k miles with the way i beat on it. lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 06 auto, and when i bought the car it was nice and smooth shifting.But now that i've had it 7,000 miles it is starting to shift a little harder, and it doesnt seem like it shifts at the right rpms.any suggestions?Thanks
:confused:
I have an 06 Acura RSX non type S. I have 9800 miles on it and it's doing the same thing. When coming off a dead stop, I press the gas and it goes nowhere, the RPM's don't move. Then, it lurches forward. I, too, just recently felt like it's not getting all the power it should. I've taken it to the dealership twice and they can't get it to do it for them and it's only sporadic. No answers so far, but I'm hopeful!

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,231 Posts
Try an ECU reset, the RSX auto tranny has the ability to learn how you drive and adapt to that style, it's called grade logic control. You can reset it to default and it will start learning over again. If this works for you, just do a reset whenever you're not happy with the shifting and put it back to default.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have an 06 Acura RSX non type S. I have 9800 miles on it and it's doing the same thing. When coming off a dead stop, I press the gas and it goes nowhere, the RPM's don't move. Then, it lurches forward. I, too, just recently felt like it's not getting all the power it should. I've taken it to the dealership twice and they can't get it to do it for them and it's only sporadic. No answers so far, but I'm hopeful!
its lag, you're too quick. The transmission lags when it downshifts from 3->1 (coming to a stop)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lag? How much of a lag? Sometimes I'm sitting at a dead stop for about 30 seconds or more waiting on a chance to pull out and then I gas it....and it goes nowhere. One of the guys in service at the dealership said the RSX wouldn't move until it hit 2500 rpms, but if I'm giving it gas and the rpms aren't moving, what can I do?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Do you have A/C on? That'll suck the power from when you need it most. Any mods? the SRI kinda gives lag also a little.. (at least for me).

Try more grounding wires? I noticed I don't get that, give gas, wait a second for the car to actually go, problem anymore after my grounding wires... I dunno...

·
Registered
304 Posts
there is a noticeable sudden jump, like something finally catches on.....
same exact thing only when im in manual mode ....from first to second it would jump and shift mad hard into second , my tires would keep spin and ill get wheel hop....the harder i step on the gas the faster and longer the tires will spin.....i have 65,000 miles on a 02 base auto.....after second everything is fine...it also seems like my gear ratios are a little different too bc the car feels faster than it used to be especially traveling from 70mph to 110, never before have i gone so fast to get up to 110....for example say it takes like 12 seconds originally, it would like now take 7 or 8 seconds......its really hard to explain, you have to drive the car to understand what im talking about....its freaking me out

21 - 38 of 38 Posts