Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Automatic transmission prob.

22K views 37 replies 22 participants last post by  Xmanokc0529 
#1 ·
I have a 06 auto, and when i bought the car it was nice and smooth shifting.But now that i've had it 7,000 miles it is starting to shift a little harder, and it doesnt seem like it shifts at the right rpms.any suggestions?Thanks
:confused:

#29 ·
I have an 06 Acura RSX non type S. I have 9800 miles on it and it's doing the same thing. When coming off a dead stop, I press the gas and it goes nowhere, the RPM's don't move. Then, it lurches forward. I, too, just recently felt like it's not getting all the power it should. I've taken it to the dealership twice and they can't get it to do it for them and it's only sporadic. No answers so far, but I'm hopeful!

#30 ·
Try an ECU reset, the RSX auto tranny has the ability to learn how you drive and adapt to that style, it's called grade logic control. You can reset it to default and it will start learning over again. If this works for you, just do a reset whenever you're not happy with the shifting and put it back to default.

#32 ·
Lag? How much of a lag? Sometimes I'm sitting at a dead stop for about 30 seconds or more waiting on a chance to pull out and then I gas it....and it goes nowhere. One of the guys in service at the dealership said the RSX wouldn't move until it hit 2500 rpms, but if I'm giving it gas and the rpms aren't moving, what can I do?

#35 ·
Do you have A/C on? That'll suck the power from when you need it most. Any mods? the SRI kinda gives lag also a little.. (at least for me).

Try more grounding wires? I noticed I don't get that, give gas, wait a second for the car to actually go, problem anymore after my grounding wires... I dunno...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.