Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
NYC Is In My Veins...
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that i'd ever do it, but is it posible to convert a type s to an auto? dont the TSX or accord have similar engines with auto trannies that could be dropped in a type S? the thought just crossed my mind.

·
NYC Is In My Veins...
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just wondering... bored at work. has anyone ever done it?

·
made of particles
11,438 Posts
sure it would. gearing might be a little off, but i doubt that too. and as far as bolt holes for the trans not lining up with the holes on the block, you could always pay someone to make an adapter. and also you would have to rework the drivers side trans mount. and also use the trans computer from the auto car. not sure it its a separate unit from the main computer under the glovebox. if it isnt separate, im not sure what you would have to do, maybe use the computer from the trans donor car and maybe hondata it so itll work with they type s engine.

seems like a lot of work to decrease peoformance...

·
Yo
534 Posts
Maybe you could upgrade the auto to get it to hold up to the redline. You'd have to run two ecu's, one from the base to run the tranny, and the other from a type s (or kpro) to run the rest of everything, kinda similar to how auto's have two ecu's to use kpro.

·
bonhomized
4,755 Posts
when my boyfriend was getting rid of his 02 si, his parents wanted to drop an auto tranny into it because his sister was adamant about not wanting to drive stick. it can be done but its a little pricey.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
when my boyfriend was getting rid of his 02 si, his parents wanted to drop an auto tranny into it because his sister was adamant about not wanting to drive stick. it can be done but its a little pricey.
too pricey to be reasonable

·
Wanna see my war face?
9,528 Posts
lol dang i would assume its possible

i mean if Kobe got his wife the first ever auto lambo. then yeaaaa im sure they can make an auto type-s

1 - 20 of 40 Posts