Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Projectors....Mmmmmm
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an electric oil pressure gauge. I need help with the install. I already have the power running to the light bulb. All I need to know is where the hell do I mount the oil pressure sensor?

·
Hondaphile
350 Posts

·
I am the Redout Guy!
160,221 Posts
Isn't that adapter for a mechanical gauge? I don't know, that's why I'm asking... I'm ignorant when it comes to the sandwich plates. :confused:
No, they can be used for both electric and mechanical. The damn autometer sensor is so big that it breaks off from the vibration if it is not remote mounted. I think installing the oil pressure gauge was the biggest pain in the neck because I could never get the seals just right so i would not leak oil. Starting up the car and finding a puddle of oil underneath is not cool. I ended up just re-doing the whole install and used alot of teflon tape and some glue type of thing that is made for fittings. What a nightmare but i finally have it on the car. :)

I ended up buying this and it works perfectly, no leaks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-8-...tegoryZ46100QQihZ015QQitemZ250102049025QQrdZ1

·
Projectors....Mmmmmm
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^Finished ordering that same adapter. Can't wait to finish my install

·
I am the Redout Guy!
160,221 Posts
^^Finished ordering that same adapter. Can't wait to finish my install
Good luck with the install. Make sure you use teflon tape around each of the fittings. Another thing with using the oil sandwich is that you have to drain your oil which should be obvious and you won't know if your leaking untill you put the oil back in and fire up the car. I drained and put my oil back in about 4 times before i was finally able to clear up every last leak. Now i have no leaks :p Was the oil pressure gauge worth it? Not really. Call me ricer but its kind of cool to watch the needle move up and down though... even though i have them sitting in the glove box for a ninja mount.

·
Projectors....Mmmmmm
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what size steel braided line am I going to need?

·
Registered
26,114 Posts
i used the greddy adapter as well, i havent had any problems with it yet at all since i got it about 12000 miles ago... i was skeptical at first with it, but it definetly does a good job. I would recommend putting something around the wires when runing them into the engine bay through the firewall like wire loom....

·
I am the Redout Guy!
160,221 Posts
what size steel braided line am I going to need?
You are going to need atleast 12", I would recommend 18" or more to give you room to move the sender where you want. If you want to purchase the line locally, you are going to need 1/8" NPT (<-- That is key!) fittings on the ends. You want one Male end and one Female end on the line. If you going to be getting a oil temp gauge in the future, I would highly recommend you get it now and do all the oil gauges at once. I for one, would not want to do this again as it was not fun and it was alot more expensive then i originally planned for. Of course I went through about 3 sets of sunpro gauge line kits because the damn fittings kept breaking or leaking. Don't get sunpro. That stuff is JUNK.

Stainless Steel Line.
http://www.longacreracing.com/catalog/catlist.asp?catid=11

·
Projectors....Mmmmmm
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the help. Hey concept, any pics of your setup yet?

·
I am the Redout Guy!
160,221 Posts
Thanks for the help. Hey concept, any pics of your setup yet?
I will when i get home this weekend. I am at school and don't have my car here with me. Sorry.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I know this is a little off topic but were are you guys putting the oil temperature sensor at for oil temperature gauges?

·
I am the Redout Guy!
160,221 Posts
I know this is a little off topic but were are you guys putting the oil temperature sensor at for oil temperature gauges?
I just stuck mine right into the oil sandwich. I will try my best to get a good picture of where i put it. I wish I had pictures while I had the sandwich out of the car. My bad, or wait I think i was so mad about the oil gauge at the time I didn't really want to take pictures. lol. When I go back home I will put up some pictures.

·
Boost=Good
402 Posts

·
I am the Redout Guy!
160,221 Posts
Ok here are the pictures. My bad for not posting this earlier. And I need to upgrade to the SS line as you can see and I did some sliding offroad so the car is a little dirty :) . It was hard to get a good picture of the oil pressure sandwich and yes my oil pressure sender mount is ghetto.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts