Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if installing a roll-bar is legal for STS or any other classes in AutoX. Mine should be in anyday next week.... so if anyone knows. Thanks.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
Yep, a few of us here in the NNJ region have them. Great upgrade :)

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
I'm at work, I can post some when I go home, but I know zeroryde has a bunch of pics of his.

The only pic I have of mine right now is from the rear hatch.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
Have fun with the install, I didnt :)

You basically have to take out your interior: front seats, rear seats, rear panels. Than you have to position the rollbar in your car. Drill a hole, stick a bolt in, drill the next, stick a bolt in, etc.

Once you have everything installed and aligned properly, you'll need to cut a hole in your rear inside panels. I basically just eye'd it. Placed the panel next to the installed leg on the bar, and kinda just looked where the bar would go through. Reinstalled everything, and a few hours later (like 6-7) I had a significantly stiffer car. I know my instructions don't make sense, but when I post pics, I'll put some info on each one.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GoodKnight said:
Have fun with the install, I didnt :)

You basically have to take out your interior: front seats, rear seats, rear panels. Than you have to position the rollbar in your car. Drill a hole, stick a bolt in, drill the next, stick a bolt in, etc.

Once you have everything installed and aligned properly, you'll need to cut a hole in your rear inside panels. I basically just eye'd it. Placed the panel next to the installed leg on the bar, and kinda just looked where the bar would go through. Reinstalled everything, and a few hours later (like 6-7) I had a significantly stiffer car. I know my instructions don't make sense, but when I post pics, I'll put some info on each one.
Yeh, I kinda figured that it would be a bit of a pita install. But I can usually gut my interior in around 20-25mins if I'm in a hurry. I am NOT looking forward to drilling through my car however. hahaha Please do show some pics later today. Thanx

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sjracer said:
I don't have an answer to your question, but when did Auto_Meter start making a 4pt race roll bar? haha :D

Edit: I can't believe no one else caught that before me.

GoodKnight, more pictures would be great.
DOH!!!! My bad, I typed before I thought. AUTOPOWER is what it should have said. Good catch sjracer. =)

GoodKnight, please more pics and more install details. I am excited about this. hjaha:thumbsup:

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
zeroryde said:
first one to have it... =P do a search for my thread on autopower...
Actually, I think I was the first one to have it (i think mine came in before urs :) ), but u had urs installed first.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts