Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know zeroryde had a bunch of pics but they seem to be gone for some reason. anyone have any they can post up? i had a good scare over the weekend and decided if the rsx goes on the track again its going to be with a roll bar.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
I'll post mine when I get home this afternoon.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awesome, exactly what i needed, thanks

i may have one of you take some measurements for where i need to cut the holes when i get mine in...

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
zeroryde said:
hehe I just saw this... thanks raph..

btw raph, I might be moving from NY to riverside, CA in september of this year...so if you and any other guys hit the track often... mind if I join ya? :D :driving:
I'd love to hit Willow with ya, come on out man!

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
RussTypeS said:

i may have one of you take some measurements for where i need to cut the holes when i get mine in...
Sorry I havent gotten my pics up, I had to come out here to california for a few days for work. Damn the weather is nice here compared to jersey :)

In any event, there are no specific measurements to cut the holes, my holes were different than zero's. Best thing to do is to mount the bar inside ur car, than go from there.

·
Banned
5,808 Posts
zeroryde said:
hehe I just saw this... thanks raph..

btw raph, I might be moving from NY to riverside, CA in september of this year...so if you and any other guys hit the track often... mind if I join ya? :D :driving:
Definitely. That would be awesome. :driving:

·
Registered
171 Posts
RussTypeS said:

Instead of cutting huge holes in the panels, I put the bar in (and secured it) then cut the panels - made a cut straight across and then straight down (in the shape of: |_ or _| ) so the points where the two cuts meet is at the intersection point of where the roll-bar would be. I then placed the two panel pieces and trimmed them down incrementally until the panels fit back into place around the bar. Then I drilled small holes in the panels and used some thin sheetmetal to act as a backing plate (with corresponding holes), and secured it all with pop-rivets.

It takes longer, but ultimately looks cleaner. If I get a chance I will take a picture.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My first one I actually made three cuts . . . but that's the beauty of this board, you can learn from my mistakes :)

Another angle . . .

Attachments

·
OverDosed on Performance!
297 Posts
Nice pics guys! I'm considering getting myself a AP 4 point kit hopefully this summer. I have a question though, I noticed in these pix that the seats are still kept.. is it just for esthetic reasons? I don't see a point in having the seats other than dampening the exhaust noise :p

Tag: How long did the install take and do you have pix of the mounting points before you put the covers back on? Would be cool to check that out! Thanks for the pix and lookin' good!

·
拒絕零四加速&#
2,113 Posts
Nice pics guys! I'm considering getting myself a AP 4 point kit hopefully this summer. I have a question though, I noticed in these pix that the seats are still kept.. is it just for esthetic reasons? I don't see a point in having the seats other than dampening the exhaust noise :p

Tag: How long did the install take and do you have pix of the mounting points before you put the covers back on? Would be cool to check that out! Thanks for the pix and lookin' good!
holy crap, how did you dig out a 4 years old thread :noes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts