Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
you can't there is no aux in for it, you need to either do the HU mod in the sticky's or go to an aftermarket HU. the Base radio however can get a aux in using its changer ports and the hon-98 aux in kit but is incompatible with the type s system.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
you can't there is no aux in for it, you need to either do the HU mod in the sticky's or go to an aftermarket HU. the Base radio however can get a aux in using its changer ports and the hon-98 aux in kit but is incompatible with the type s system.
You can. It's already been discussed. They intercept signal from head unit to amp. People do it all the time on cars with an amp. I just never have so I need help.

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
You can. It's already been discussed. They intercept signal from head unit to amp. People do it all the time on cars with an amp. I just never have so I need help.
fm modulator or tape adapter are your simple choices, you could follow the wiring pin outs in the bose bypass thread listed in the faq's and build a switch box between the wiring and the amp but by the time you do that you could have bought a 100 dollar HU with an aux in. Yes many cars including the Base Model RSX can have aux in's added but they are vehicle specific and unfortunately the type-s requires a mod to the HU located here But Hey don't listen to me and my near 30 years in the audio industry and 8 years as the Car Audio, Security, & Electronics Moderator I guess a noob who can't use the :search: knows more than me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
fm modulator or tape adapter are your simple choices, you could follow the wiring pin outs in the bose bypass thread listed in the faq's and build a switch box between the wiring and the amp but by the time you do that you could have bought a 100 dollar HU with an aux in. Yes many cars including the Base Model RSX can have aux in's added but they are vehicle specific and unfortunately the type-s requires a mod to the HU located here But Hey don't listen to me and my near 30 years in the audio industry and 8 years as the Car Audio, Security, & Electronics Moderator I guess a noob who can't use the :search: knows more than me.
your whiny little ending there was unnecessary. I have searched and searched with an engine called 'google' if you did that you would know about intercepting HU signal before amp has been done on many cars. They named bmw's but Im sure the same concept could be applied to my car.

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
your whiny little ending there was unnecessary. I have searched and searched with an engine called 'google' if you did that you would know about intercepting HU signal before amp has been done on many cars. They named bmw's but Im sure the same concept could be applied to my car.
In the RSX Its called using an FM modulator this part:

http://www.metraonline.com/part/AXM-DC01

As I said before other cars like BMW's have vehicle specific kits but the one above is near universal in fact it is the same one used for a 2012 528I. :eek:

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
I pointed him to that twice but he seems to think there is some other magic box to add an aux in. I mean we are dealing with a car that a new one has not been built in 8 years and the first ones rolled off the assembly line in 2001 so the design goes back to 1999 or earlier and at that point no one cared about aux in's as Ipods and mp3 based players had not even been brought to market.

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
guys, I can see the sticky at the top of this forum. here let me help you with the search.
post #12
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=824352
He is cutting wires and adding a relay, wiring is in the bose bypass thread, he also says about 2 more post down that he ran HU less so no HU controlling things. if you want an aux in just get an FM mod as it is relatively inexpensive and will give decent results as you are not going to get world class sound out of the stock equipment as the biggest improvement to the sound in an RSX is to bypass the bose and put in an aftermarket HU.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He is cutting wires and adding a relay, wiring is in the bose bypass thread, he also says about 2 more post down that he ran HU less so no HU controlling things. if you want an aux in just get an FM mod as it is relatively inexpensive and will give decent results as you are not going to get world class sound out of the stock equipment as the biggest improvement to the sound in an RSX is to bypass the bose and put in an aftermarket HU.
Okay thanks for your help locotony. Im really leaning towards buying a new HU and bypassing the bose amp. Is there a harness already made for the bypass?

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Okay thanks for your help locotony. Im really leaning towards buying a new HU and bypassing the bose amp. Is there a harness already made for the bypass?
Nope but you can integrate using the 70-1725 harness and even using the bose amp with an aftermarket HU makes a difference as Honda has compensation eqing built into the HU that bastardizes the signal and keeps it from being sonically clean.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.