Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

So i was wondering... How much hp does the average modded evo/sti owner have on their cars?

I mean most of us (rsx owners) have averag hp per our setups.
ie: all motor 200-220
blown = 240-260
boosted= 275-310

Where do the evo/sti guys fall? 300-320... 350-370? 400+

keep in mind I know of the extremists, 450+ hp rsxs and 600+ hp evos. But what's average?

·
:)
15,563 Posts
bhp or whp?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whp is fine but whatever's easiest

·
15,563 Posts
its all about the driver, hp means nothing. its just a number. u trying to run modded evos and sti?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True, it is mostly driver.

And no, I'm not going to win a whole lot of races against evos/stis with my current setup. I just was just wondering where most of them sit.

·
15,563 Posts
u run any stock evos and sti yet? with ur 268whp, ur at around 322 bhp vs Evo of 270 bhp , I think thats pretty damn good!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was in a frisky mood this sat and ran a few cars.

Poor little chevy cavalier just wouldn't stop egging me on so I left him back about five cars by the middle of third gear.

a sleeper bmw handed me my ass.

but i guess my question is based on the fact that I ran with an evo IX mr. We were just playing cat and mouse. We never really did a three beep race.

·
'S' on my chest
4,735 Posts
Whp is relative to the dyno its on. DynoJet, DynoDynamics, DynaPack, Mustang. There are so many. Power on average modded EVOs and STIs doesn't seem to make much sense. Whp is a bit subjective. You probably would experience more resolution inquiring about 1/4 times and trap speeds.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bolt on evos with TBE, fuel pump, reflash, and a manual boost controller are putting down 330-340whp...good for low 12s @ 113-115mph
just the kind of info I was after. Thanks :wavey:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts