Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The new EJ8
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm swapping an all motor K20 in my 2000 Honda civic ex (EJ8 chassis) I was looking into mounts and i was wondering about the comparison from avid to hasport swap mounts. which is better, or are they similar in strength. Has anybody had any problems. Thanks

·
Banned
346 Posts
avid blow... seriously seen em at the track bend under pressure... driver side... also cust service blows etc. hasport are great and another cheaper option if not going for looks is innovative mounts.

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
wow i didnt know Avid had that bad of a rep around here...

·
Registered
949 Posts
for a swap go with hasport. most of the other Kswap parts (like the swap headers, axles) are made based on the hasport kit.

Reactions: SUNKIST

·
no time to drive the RSX
6,838 Posts
for a swap go with hasport. most of the other Kswap parts (like the swap headers, axles) are made based on the hasport kit.
Cool, good to know. ** Maybe a future K-swap here also.**

Reactions: oneIricky

·
The new EJ8
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the help guys well i guess i know what im getting now...lol oh also does anyone know how those innovative ones hold up?

·
Sanji
93 Posts
I would say Hasport or Hybrid Racing. Both seem to get good reviews. My Hasport's went in with minor fussiness. The Hasport instructions were pretty pathetic, though. And, they also didn't include all the hardware necessary for the swap, which was annoying.

·
I hate driving!
534 Posts
I agree with toyomatt. They do not come with all the hardware. Luckily I have like a thousand transmission bolts laying around and i was able to finish it.

As far for the instructions. The mounts are pretty self explanatory. You're better of not reading the instructions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts