Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1096 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What ya'll think and an AWD conversion in the rsx?
Just curious what everyone thinks...And maybe some suggestions as to where i can find a kit to do it.

:thumbsup:??:thumbsdow??

·
RIP 02' FPR Base
2,181 Posts
this has already been discussed. get a wrx/sti/evo. doing it on an rsx is to much cash for it to be worth it...

5,021 Posts
if you're asking questions on how to do an awd conversion on the rsx, that pretty much tells us you don't have the slightest possible chance on doing it. not all awd systems work the same and even the simplest types are still quite complex in actually performing the conversion on a car that is not AWD.

however, i will say that the rsx is fortunate enough to be related to the honda cr-v and elements that swapping in one of their manual 4wd tranny and in doing so, sending power to the rear wheels is possible. it just isn't going to be easy since you'll need to modify the subframe to this rather particular transmission.

if you want to even attempt some type of awd conversion, the haldex setup would probably be the closest in working on the rsx. you could probably source a haldex rear pumpkin unit from a volkswagen r32 golf or audi tt coupe, but there's tuning bullshit to deal with the electronics.

or, you could almost straight in swap honda's real-time 4 wheel drive sourcing the parts from the cr-v or element, but this is not a true all wheel drive.

·
RIP 02' FPR Base
2,181 Posts
how mch cash do you have to be able to do this? becaue there isnt a "kit" to do it. you accually have to know what yout going to do before you attempt to do it. you have to get the parts, and plan out what you going to be doing with them for this to work. but if your really committed i guess you can do it.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
how mch cash do you have to be able to do this? becaue there isnt a "kit" to do it. you accually have to know what yout going to do before you attempt to do it. you have to get the parts, and plan out what you going to be doing with them for this to work. but if your really committed i guess you can do it.
I can do it, I know how to and I have several different ways of doing it. I know that I would charge no less than $5000 and probably closer to $10,000 to figure it all out, plus the cost of parts.

·
Quien es tu Padre!
919 Posts
yeah whatever, couple more thousand in parts, like I said IF I had that much extra money, I would definately do it. I also plan on keeping my car forever though.

1 - 20 of 1096 Posts