Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1096 Posts

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
no, it isn't worth it because you are going to have to do a lot of other things beyond just the basics. it hasn't been done so it will be a mess figuring it all out.

·
Quien es tu Padre!
919 Posts
My car has a lot of sentimental value, I'm sure you feel that way about something, so I will have it until it is absolutely dead and plan on keeping up with it. Thats the one thing that is missing in this car and IF, IF I had a lot of expendable cash i would do it in a heart beat. I have some pretty smart and seasoned veteran mechanics that could probably figure it out. IF I had the money.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
well im not much for evo and sti. i know there are alot of rear wheel drive converts out there...i kind of figure if that can be done...then why not the awd...i dont plan on buying another car to tune so at 5g or even 10g it would sound reasonable...also doing something like buying the tranny and drivetrain to the sti or evo and retro fitting it to the k20and using evo x tuning for the drivetrain would most likly be the easiest route...i was asking what people thought...and a few ideas on how to go about it

5,021 Posts
btw, an sh-awd conversion could theoretically work on the dc5 since honda designed the rdx tranny with a power take off, transfer unit that is like the ones found the cr-v and element. you will still have to mess around with electronics and other stuff, but have fun dragging around the 400 lb. rear pumpkin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZvwdmlTOL0

acura rdx power take off, transfer unit

honda element power take off, transfer unit

·
RIP 02' FPR Base
2,181 Posts
id deff like to see one. id give you madd props if you can pull it off. are you planing on doing it yourself? or are you gonna have a shop do it?

·
Meth Blow Speed = my life
7,078 Posts
does the K20 motor even have enough torque at low RPM to even get it moving to the point where AWD is useful?

·
Я убью т&#1077
3,243 Posts
This is the type of stuff I think about to help me fall asleep at night. How can I make my rsx awd.

I will need a garage...
I will need a lift...
I will need...:sleep:

·
These Colors Might Run
3,668 Posts
Why? I'm looking for real, serious answers here. Do you need to improve your 60 foot times? Do you need it for snow driving and think 10 grand is better spent improving your existing car than getting a new one? Do you just want to be different? Are you upset that you spent all that money on a turbo but failed to consider that you're only driving one (or maybe 2) front wheels?

Because I have to say, this is very stupid.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Not worth it, even if the car has sentimental value. By the time you get done with a proper conversion, it won't even really an RSX anymore.

21 - 40 of 1096 Posts