Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1096 Posts

·
doing stuff
3,594 Posts
There seriously used to be a thread a couple years back where a guy was trying to do a second engine in the hatch to drive the rear wheels with. Don't know what ever happened with that, but he actually had it in progress.

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
There seriously used to be a thread a couple years back where a guy was trying to do a second engine in the hatch to drive the rear wheels with. Don't know what ever happened with that, but he actually had it in progress.
:rotfl:
and I bet his car weighted more than 5000lbs :shakehead

·
doing stuff
3,594 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
stfu dude and go buy a real AWD car if that's what you're looking for.
:stop: Reading Owns.

I wasn't taking sides with any one. This car has been made for one purpose, FWD. The chassis is made to only support FWD, AWD would require a whole new chassis. Shops don't create cars and manufactures such as honda, or mitsubishi, do. Would you rather drive a mitsubishi that has made a good amount of AWD's or drive a backyard AWD rsx.

Seriously. Where the hell did I say, ' I'm making my own AWD '

5,021 Posts
you do know that the DC5 chassis is very structurally similar to the CR-V and Element, that it should be possible to use an awd system on it. since a drifting element has proved itself in D1 before, so it isn't far fetch that an rsx could be converted. it would require reworked suspension and brakes though.

·
You slut.
3,095 Posts
Look. Forget AWD rsx. That is malarkey.
All you need to do is swap in an srt-4 engine, and you are set.
You can even fly on sunny days.

I would really like to see an AWD RSX. Please do it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
You could land some magazine coverage for sure if you pull this off (although you'd probably have to make your car look pretty nice). If I wasn't a broke college student I'd do this in a heartbeat. 2700 LB's + 500 lb's=3200ish (not THAT heavy). Throw on a turbo and you have a pretty respectable AWD car. RSX Type AWD!

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
I could do it to the old race RSX, just would need to find the parts.
all it would cost you is the parts, while most of us would have to probably have someone else do it so it would a shit load of money.
It'd be very interesting if this ever comes to life

61 - 80 of 1096 Posts