Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1096 Posts

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
what you are missing is people are helping, not criticizing, but you are the one getting bent out of shape. you clearly already know everything about this so on behalf of everyone that offered up a suggestion to you, we are deeply sorry and we will keep our mouths shut and enjoy learning from you.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thats awesome!!! Thanks a lot.... I was thinking about going the Z3 route since the rear mount is like a part of an oil pan but that would require dropping a pan. So looking at the pictures the rear mount that comes off the tranny fits with just a minor firewall dent. Will this alter the geometry of the vehicle like using the CRV rear trailing arms seemed to have lifted the car up? Is this the same as a CRV subframe i have never even seen an Awd element! Ever. It's really rare here in florida. This is some useful information for sure! :thumbsup:

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
Thats awesome!!! Thanks a lot.... I was thinking about going the Z3 route since the rear mount is like a part of an oil pan but that would require dropping a pan. So looking at the pictures the rear mount that comes off the tranny fits with just a minor firewall dent. Will this alter the geometry of the vehicle like using the CRV rear trailing arms seemed to have lifted the car up? Is this the same as a CRV subframe i have never even seen an Awd element! Ever. It's really rare here in florida. This is some useful information for sure! :thumbsup:
The subframe comes in the 2wd and 4wd element. it is a direct swap into the RSX and you can use the RSX control arms so there isn't a change. The 4wd element rear hubs might be an option so that it doesn't change the geometry like the CRV parts. I have been finding the Element and RSX are almost identical chassis'. so you could use all of the RSX suspension, the element hubs and be good to go.

·
Registered
336 Posts
So a 2wd and 4wd sunframe is the same which is great news... Year i would think 2002-2004...? Now what about the automatic trans and manual...? Any confirmed differences because for me autos are always more common unfortunately. If CRV stuff fit i am sure the element would too...

·
Dafkup
2,080 Posts
I was reading up on the AWD system it(Element) has and how it works...It seems to use sensors in different driving conditions, but I could be wrong. I know it works off of hydraulic pressure and the braking system. Like when your braking it will disengage 4wd to protect the rear diff. That throws a wrench into the equation I would think because that means in order to maintain that sort of functionality would require programming that Hondata might even have trouble with let alone us. haha. Is this of no concern to us? Is the CRV system purely mechanical or is it also electronically influenced but we ignore that functionality?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Are you talking about the newer AWD elements?? Not sure that the older ones were controlled to such extent but maybe I am wrong.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
So a 2wd and 4wd sunframe is the same which is great news... Year i would think 2002-2004...? Now what about the automatic trans and manual...? Any confirmed differences because for me autos are always more common unfortunately. If CRV stuff fit i am sure the element would too...
03-07 manual or auto

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think its subframe and a front LCA.... Only thing connected to the spindle would be a strut, LCA via ball joint, caliper mounting bracket, axle. Maybe.... Lol

1041 - 1060 of 1096 Posts