Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1096 Posts

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
hey would you know if the rsx front sway bar will fit on the element sub frame?

I believe the sway bar bolts to the sub frame then to the spindle
I am not sure, to be honest

Here is a 2003 CRV subframe can you tell any difference?

it might work but no clue from that picture

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,006 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
hahah I know guys I am a little excited myself.... I just hope everything gets done before my wife delivers she is 37 weeks about to pop. If not then I will have to move the completion date to August.

Its smooth sailing from now tho, K20A2 got the crossmember issue solved so its all a direct bolt on the crossmember, trans, t-case. Exhaust is a joke and a driveshaft is one too.

Once the trans/tcase is in, it will be days before the driveshaft gets done too. I have a final on the 11th and another 2 finals 3rd week of July so this is really a busy time in my life.... from there on I don't start my masters until May of next year so plenty of time to have fun. :)

Make sure the components hold too.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
did some quick looking, the Element is .2" different on wheel base than the RSX so the stock driveshaft should fit. the width is different by 3.6" so you would need to get creative on the rear axles similar to the CRV two left axles. I think the Element is a lot better of a starting point than the CRV as far as doing this simple.

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,006 Posts
That civic's been around for a while. Every time I watch the video, though, I get hyped for this build.
yea time is flying

·
k series ftw!
839 Posts
did some quick looking, the Element is .2" different on wheel base than the RSX so the stock driveshaft should fit. the width is different by 3.6" so you would need to get creative on the rear axles similar to the CRV two left axles. I think the Element is a lot better of a starting point than the CRV as far as doing this simple.
Crv complete trailer arm fit on the Rsx . Are the element the same as crv? It would be cool if the knuckles from the element fit on the Rsx trail arms so this way the Rsx sway could be used

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
Crv complete trailer arm fit on the Rsx . Are the element the same as crv? It would be cool if the knuckles from the element fit on the Rsx trail arms so this way the Rsx sway could be used
03-06 element ones are specific to the Element and look almost exactly like RSX ones, it just has a different hub for the axle. when you look at the parts and similarities with the RSX and the Element it is pretty crazy how many parts overlap.

·
K24 rsx guru
1 Posts
You can use a crv transmission housing, with the rear transfer case and the type s manual internals, and then work out which route you want to do for your driveline and your rear end. I'm doing my awd turbo build on my 04 k24 rsx in March.

·
Come at me bro!
615 Posts
You can use a crv transmission housing, with the rear transfer case and the type s manual internals, and then work out which route you want to do for your driveline and your rear end. I'm doing my awd turbo build on my 04 k24 rsx in March.
What is your source for this? This is the first time I've heard the 6 spd internals are compatible with the rear transfer case.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
What is your source for this? This is the first time I've heard the 6 spd internals are compatible with the rear transfer case.
there is an extra gear on the differential that turns the transfer case and it has no impact on the rest of the transmission. The only issue is using an aftermarket LSD, they are not designed to be able to mount the transfer gear onto them.

·
k series ftw!
839 Posts
I heard all you need is the inner housing case from either crv or element (element is cheaper new idk why :dontknow:) the inner housing case has the part where the Tcase bolts on to.

I believe all manual k series trans are built the same . only thing different are the 5 speed & 6 speed main shaft. you cant mix 1st & 2nd gear from the both (5 spd & 6 spd) have to stick to one

·
k series ftw!
839 Posts
there is an extra gear on the differential that turns the transfer case and it has no impact on the rest of the transmission. The only issue is using an aftermarket LSD, they are not designed to be able to mount the transfer gear onto them.
I have m factory lsd and ppg 1st & 2nd I hope there is a way to put the extra gear on .

its weird because the fwd and awd lsd both use the same bolts for the fd gear . I could be wrong tho

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
you can see how they different from the Element (top) to the RSX (bottom). The main issue is putting the longer bolt all the way through the differential. Most don't have that proper thread pitch to thread a bolt from the "bottom" of the LSD rather then through the "top".

·
k series ftw!
839 Posts
you can see how they different from the Element (top) to the RSX (bottom). The main issue is putting the longer bolt all the way through the differential. Most don't have that proper thread pitch to thread a bolt from the "bottom" of the LSD rather then through the "top".

must be a way around this maybe re tap or find a bolt which would work

·
The CRSX Philosopher
3,796 Posts
Looks like there's more than just the bolt length issue. It doesn't look like the FWD diff has a smooth/machined flat surface for the bolt head if the bolt is put in 'backwards'. Also, you would have to drill the threads out of the FWD diff, to have the shoulder of the bolt go through there.

·
Come at me bro!
615 Posts
Somebody has already fit a LSD into the AWD transmission so clearly it's possible...and he/she didn't have to do any of the modifications you're suggesting.

1061 - 1080 of 1096 Posts