Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1081 - 1096 of 1096 Posts

·
The CRSX Philosopher
3,796 Posts
Somebody has already fit a LSD into the AWD transmission so clearly it's possible...and he/she didn't have to do any of the modifications you're suggesting.
The threads were probably drilled out of the center diff's ring gear, then. Based on the 2 diagrams Chris posted, you have to do one or the other.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
Somebody has already fit a LSD into the AWD transmission so clearly it's possible...and he/she didn't have to do any of the modifications you're suggesting.
the bottom face does need to be remachined on most LSD's, no way around it

This could be a big swap in the future...it would be awesome to have a plug and play aftermarket solution.
no chance in an RSX, the fact you have to cut a tunnel into the floor makes it not plug and play.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Chriselmo i dont care about that CMI Civic i know about that. I wanna see these DC5s RSXs people claim exist in AWDtrim running 9s and 10s. :ugh:

·
k series ftw!
839 Posts
Chriselmo i dont care about that CMI Civic i know about that. I wanna see these DC5s RSXs people claim exist in AWDtrim running 9s and 10s. :ugh:
well I never said it was a rsx just said it was a k series awd running 9s . u asked for the video lol anyways that doesn't matter .

what step are you taking next with your awd rsx project

·
n/a!..
503 Posts
:thumbsup:
well the next step would be to get the trans, subframe, and tcase in it, followed by cutting out the portion of the tunnel and making a custom drive shaft.

If anyone has a child here they know how demanding new born babys are, it is pretty hard for me to sleep making me not want to do much through out the day. I am sure in the next 3-4 weeks it will be much better so when it DOES get better I will have the trans ready.

To add to my misery I live in Florida where we get constant rain every day along with 110 degree weather and 85% humidity. :(

So crew, hang on tight it will get done I promise!!!!! Just need to get some rest and will power to do it. It's nowhere but downhill from here on.
:thumbsup:

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
well the next step would be to get the trans, subframe, and tcase in it, followed by cutting out the portion of the tunnel and making a custom drive shaft.

If anyone has a child here they know how demanding new born babys are, it is pretty hard for me to sleep making me not want to do much through out the day. I am sure in the next 3-4 weeks it will be much better so when it DOES get better I will have the trans ready.

To add to my misery I live in Florida where we get constant rain every day along with 110 degree weather and 85% humidity. :(

So crew, hang on tight it will get done I promise!!!!! Just need to get some rest and will power to do it. It's nowhere but downhill from here on.
Similar weather here except it also drop to like 60 during the night. After it rains, it is so god damn humid the next few days, I don't want to go outside just to step out into a bowl of soup.

Really excited to see the first AWD drive vids. :pray:

·
Curious Gooner
3,706 Posts
I think he's trying to sell it now

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got an 04 RSX turbo making 500+ to the wheels. Way too much torque steer and no traction. Anyone know of someone in the Atlanta area that could do an AWD conversion? Please PM me. I can get a crv 4x drive 5sp however i would like to swap out my msport gears into the crv tranny if possible and use my stage 5 clutch.

I thought I saw a video where someone basically swapped the whole lower control arms, knuckles etc...from a crv with little effort. I just don't know what to do about the fuel tank. I would rather not have a fuel cell in the trunk.

1081 - 1096 of 1096 Posts