Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was at cedar falls for lost in iowa II meet and did a 2.237 60' botched the run though cause i couldn't get it in 3rd. what's best that anyone's gotten on stock tires? I managed to get the launch method down.

·
just trying to make it
373 Posts
krystar said:
was at cedar falls for lost in iowa II meet and did a 2.237 60' botched the run though cause i couldn't get it in 3rd. what's best that anyone's gotten on stock tires? I managed to get the launch method down.

Whats your method? I have nearly the same setup...

·
New car again...
850 Posts
Nice 60ft.

That is the best I've seen on the stock tires...

·
Registered
22,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think every track is prob different. but here i did 4.5k rev. not really a clutch dump, but let off really quick and stab a little bit at gas. prob like 50% throttle. so tires are spinning at 5k. once that rpm drops down, punch it.

·
2 Peter 1:2
117 Posts
2.18 on stock michelins. I pull 2.2's on Azenis =(

·
Registered
949 Posts
[QUOTE='02WhiteTypeS]now thats impressive. either your car is an animal or that track was near perfect condition. you must be the only guy trapping 102+ with only bolt ons? is that track below sea level?[/QUOTE]

The quarter mile track I run at is well above sea level. The 1/8 mi track where I pulled the 2.11 and pretty consistent low-mid 2.1's is a couple hundred feet above sea level. If I could have ran as good at the 1/4 mi track as I do at the local 1/8, I probably could have ran some 13.7's on the stock tires with traps over 103.

And I'm not the only one trapping that high w/ only bolt-ons. SlvrBlet trapped 104.7 with pretty much the same thing I have except he had drag radials.

·
0 to 1320...
956 Posts
JTSmith said:
The quarter mile track I run at is well above sea level. The 1/8 mi track where I pulled the 2.11 and pretty consistent low-mid 2.1's is a couple hundred feet above sea level. If I could have ran as good at the 1/4 mi track as I do at the local 1/8, I probably could have ran some 13.7's on the stock tires with traps over 103.

And I'm not the only one trapping that high w/ only bolt-ons. SlvrBlet trapped 104.7 with pretty much the same thing I have except he had drag radials.

your car is responding very well to the bolt-ons... trapping 103+ should get you into the low 13's easily with drag radials or slicks. 1FSTep3 ran a 12.97 @ 103.5

·
Name's Vic
13,046 Posts
the more mods and power u have ur gonna get lower and lower 60ft. I have a cai and mm and i did 2.20 on the kumho asx's.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
bluej511 said:
the more mods and power u have ur gonna get lower and lower 60ft. I have a cai and mm and i did 2.20 on the kumho asx's.
Yea but from what I heard, on your track you can drop the clutch at 4k or something and still grip. On my track and some other tracks, gotta slip it to get decent 60's.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.