Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Modulator
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's the difference between these two systems? Also, how hard is it to modify an exhaust system made for the Type-S to fit a base model? A fellow clubrsx member is selling a kakimoto n1 axelback exhaust for a type-s and I'm wondering how hard it will be to fit onto my car

·
Registered
260 Posts
axle back is exactly that, from where your rear axle is and so forth to your muffler.. cat back is pretty much from where the end of your header is to your muffler, which consists of more piping.

·
Korican
874 Posts
Jermyzy said:
What's the difference between these two systems? Also, how hard is it to modify an exhaust system made for the Type-S to fit a base model? A fellow clubrsx member is selling a kakiomoto axelback exhaust for a type-s and I'm wondering how hard it will be to fit onto my car
Size of the mid-pipe. Not hard to modify the Type-S exhaust, just take her to a good muffler shop. Axleback, will not be difficult to install.

·
Super Modulator
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick responses guys! :thumbsup:
But apart from the physical difference, are there any general differences in power/sound between axelback and catback?

·
Registered
260 Posts
there are a lot of factors in terms of power/sound.. like what size piping, hi-flow cat or b-pipe, type of muffler, etc.

the more free flowing, the better in performance, but i wouldn't go anymore than 2.5inch piping unless you're going turbo of course..

·
Low Key
3,136 Posts
I had an axle back, didnt do shit but make sum noise, then i got my catback and was 10x better, so if ur gonna spend money on the axle back, save a lil more and get the catback, def a better choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts