Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i want you to be totally honest with me, i have a rsx-ss, and we all kno that getting exhaust on a auto is weird...(because everyone will kno its an auto)...do u guys think getting a axle back is going to be quiter than a cat-back? if their isnt much diff, im probably just gonna get a type-s muffler...all i want is a new look...im not a big fan of the base tip, and plus i dont even have a base tip right now so thats why i really want to kno what u guys think.... :dontknow:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
if you admit the oilers rule i will give my advice.....

j/k Axle backs tend to be quieter for the most part...but it depends on the resonator or lack there of. The spoon axle back is very quiet compared to the catback. But the kakimoto does get loud even though its axle back.....depends i guess.

GO OIL in 05'

·
Super Modulator
2,128 Posts
What do you mean by "because everyone will kno its an auto"? :confused:
But yeah...axleback can still get pretty loud haha

·
Registered
345 Posts
Any aftermarket catback is a lot better (looks) than the stock exhaust. I suggest getting the most inexpensive aftermarket exhaust for your car. If you buy a Type S exhaust, you might as well get the 5zigen with an adaptor. It will bolt directly to your cats.

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jermyzy said:
What do you mean by "because everyone will kno its an auto"? :confused:
But yeah...axleback can still get pretty loud haha

you kno how if u get exhaust on autos, and since the rpm's dont drop like they would on a 5spd. when gears are changed, people would kno 100 yards away that its a auto, and some people automatically think that since a car is auto, they are on the slow side or slightly ricey...im probabaly just gonna end up getting a type-s axle-back, or if i could find more parts like the cat etc. i will do that...thanks for the help dudes :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts