Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Underestimated
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was putting in my lowering springs yesterday and the axle on the left side popped out and i cant get it back in. has anybody had this problem and how did u get the axle back in

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,245 Posts
It helps to use a jack and raise the hub higher so that the axle is roughly parallel to the ground. Then just rotate it a bit so that the splines line up and jam it in.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Took me like an hour to get it back in. It is all about getting the splines aligned; force is not a good idea. Once it is aligned, it will slide right in.

·
zomg zomg
3,009 Posts
Yeah it has happned to me, just do what people that have said above.

·
2002 type S
392 Posts
check if one of the 3 things ( sorry i dont know the name ) that goes into the shaft does not come off where it supossed to go, you will have to grab it and insert where it has to go, maybe that is the problem,

this was the problem that happened to me....lol

hope i wrote this right so you can undestand what I tried to say.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thats awefull, good luck

·
CBR929RR
253 Posts
Ya it happened to me too ....... took me like two hours to get it lined up ..... and the thing is it happened on the passenger side too and I was expecting it..... what a stupid design.......never happened on my honda

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
took me fuckin like 6 hours to do it this weekend.

finally what i did was find the approximate rotation of where it goes. Then I lowered the jack that was holding it up all the way down. Then slowly raised the jack while pushing on the axle (pushing the rotor/hub). Once it got to the right spot, it just popped right in.

·
ArmenianCRSX Crew Founder
3,818 Posts
crazy shit, always read on how they come out during spring installation, how the fuck does it happen and how can u stop it from happening? im about to put my coilovers on soon!

·
i eat f00d
5,890 Posts
i don't think you can keep it from popping out. There's not enough room to keep it in and force the coilover in there.
its been done.. installed my suspension without the axle popping out on either side..

granted there were 3 of us..
one holding the axle in
one holding the strut in place and wiggling it in.
one up top lining the strut in place and placing the three nuts to keep it in place.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
well i had to do the fronts myself, so it was kind of tough. but i'm sure with enough things/hands to hold stuff in place, it could be done. especially with smaller springs. I did it with stock springs, so they were longer, amking it that much harder.

·
7,611 Posts
LOL - TS hasn't been here in almost a month......hope he got it back in!

When I first installed my springs/Konis, one side popped out, the other didn't. And sometimes I get lucky and it goes right back in easily, other times I have wasted a lot of time and sanity trying to get it back in.

Like the damn hidden screws on each side of the front bumper near the wheel well that secure the bumper to the fender. Can't see where they're going, and I have wasted a lot of time on those as well. Usually I just give up and try it again the next day! :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts