Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The power of Dreams
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my race header yesterday and i have had proublems with the axleshaft heatshield rattling in the past, but i seemed to have fixed it untill now, after the race header went in, it sounds like the same damn rattle as before, has anyone just removed this heatshield to solve the proublem, i am debating on just removing it for good, anyone have any advise or expierence? i dont see it causing any proublems but you never know, any advise would be appreciated

G

·
No, I wouldn't bend it. You could remove it but I fixed mine by adding some more washers to the top bolt. The problem is that the OEM composite bushings that the surround the bolt sleeve deteriorate with time and let the shield vibrate excessively.

What I did was basically sandwich that whole unit with some fresh washers, which allows you to crush the shield a bit more and prevent that rattling. It solved my problem immediately. Good luck.

·
The power of Dreams
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well we were slow today at the shop so i took the shield off and noticed i could stick some alignment shims in between the little bushings on the shield and so i used 2 they fit perfect and no more rattle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts