Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tired of trying to find cheap k series tps modules only to have them fail half way down the road. So I am going to convert to the b series tps using the k tuned adapter. The question that I have that no one seems to post is where do you get your b series tps's? I don't want to run into the problem of doing all this work only to simply get cheap crap b series tps's that fail as much as the k series tps's.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
What the hell everybody doing to their TPS sensors. Never replaced one ever. Is this because y'all clean them? Just curious

Oh and to add, can't you just google whatever the TPS is for. Like 94 integra TPS, Autozone lists it.

·
Super Moderator
10,734 Posts
I am tired of trying to find cheap k series tps modules only to have them fail half way down the road. So I am going to convert to the b series tps using the k tuned adapter. The question that I have that no one seems to post is where do you get your b series tps's? I don't want to run into the problem of doing all this work only to simply get cheap crap b series tps's that fail as much as the k series tps's.

Thanks
First of all... don't buy cheap TPS. Been down that road, cheap ebay $35 TPS died the same day I installed it. Had Ktuned's billet and hall effect as well all died within 1 year. Get an Acuity TPS they are the best and hold up the longest. I've had them all really, the Acuity has been the best so far going strong > 3 years and counting.
What the hell everybody doing to their TPS sensors. Never replaced one ever. Is this because y'all clean them? Just curious

Oh and to add, can't you just google whatever the TPS is for. Like 94 integra TPS, Autozone lists it.
They fail due to engine vibration, ie. stiffer mounts, torn mounts, etc.. The solder joints inside the TPS unit breaks it is very common, OEM units will break down as well. TPS built around Hall Effect design eliminate this fault.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts