Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran 8psi with full interior and two Fosgate amps...i took out the spare and jack and lowered tire pressure to about 24-25psi in the front and for the best run basically feathered the clutch and somehow the tires were gripping and all was sweet...

my best run :
Reaction - .5467
60ft - 2.1085
1/8th E/T - 8.6
1/8th mph - 85.18
1/4 E/T - 13.2363
1/4 mph - 108.77

my 2nd best run, i dropped the clutch and wasnt as good but its alright :
Reaction - .5457
60ft - 2.3651
1/8th E/T - 9.12
1/8th mph - 82.93
1/4 E/T - 13.8531
1/4 mph - 106.61

the bad thing about this night was the i shattered first gear...the car had to be towed basically to a shop where i will find out what all went wrong, im having a real strong feeling that the installer of the LSD didnt do such a hot job but we'll see...and all these runs were done on stock rims on stock tire size on falken azenis sports...ill scan the slips once i get over the fact that ill have a whole in my wallet from the tranny repair :(

·
Gold Fancy!!
1,551 Posts
nice numbers. not bad for 8psi, full interior and system. :thumbsup: . i think i really want the greddy kit now after seeing your numbers. sorry to hear about the tranny :( . are you gonna go after the shop who installed your lsd?

·
Out on bail
3,816 Posts
yea that really sucks dude. the best i got after you left was 14.7, and it sucked cuz it was bracket and i dialed at 14.85. oh well, i dont mind :).

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Try getting some drag radials for up front instead of the falkens....they would grip a little better - i wanna see some 12s on street tires

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Inprogress2 said:
the bad thing about this night was the i shattered first gear...the car had to be towed basically to a shop
sounds like what happened to me when my mainshaft broke into 4 milllion pieces. it ate up first gear along with it.

good runs. 12's on street tires soon!

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
nice runs!!! sorry to hear about the tranny bro. I will be running my car on my new 5zigen FN01R-C's soon....interested to see what i can pull with those and the yokahama avs es100's. Then, i am getting some drag radials put on two of my stock wheels, and we will be strait..hope to see some 12's!!!!!

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zotex said:
sounds like what happened to me when my mainshaft broke into 4 milllion pieces. it ate up first gear along with it.

good runs. 12's on street tires soon!
hey zotex, what did you do about your tranny?...i also saw you selling it too

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
hey inprogress....one the stage I are you running 550cc injectors or 440s?? Also, I was wondering if you could send me the setting for your apexi safcII. Reason being Im wanting to set my car up to 7 lbs (wastegate spring) until i get my boost controller. I know that the setting will be a little rich because of the fmu, but i would appricate it if you could hook me up. just the lo-throttle, hi-throttle, and throttle position (10-60...20-60, etc.). thanks and great times :thumbsup:

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya man i will definitely but right now i dont have my car cause its in the shop due to the tranny...but if u dont mind waiting as soon as i go by the shop and check things out, ill def get you those figures...

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
thanks man.....and those really are some impressive times for 8lbs :spin:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
kracker said:
I know that the setting will be a little rich because of the fmu
it will probably be too rich too drive. i left my settings the same after the fmu installation and the car would not rev past 4500rpm because it was so rich. however, it would be an ok idea to use his settings and tune down until the car is drivable.

·
You really paid for that?
2,045 Posts
Man the mainshafts on the RSX Trann must suck. I just got fucked up mine aboud two weeks ago. Just got it back today. The mainshaft cost about 196, I got mine for 174 thats cost. It also ate up my first gear. I dont think fist gear can take the tracktion. If you go to an Acura dealer, they are you going to chage you 16 hours labor... that is what it is just to take the tranny out.

Lucky for me I know a few people, got charged 3 hours, got all the parts at cost, and got all new syncros for free. and threw the guy 300 on the side. So my total bill ended up being about 671. not bad for what it was supposed to be, but let us know what it was in the tranny that went. I would really like to know if the main shaft is the weak link. Thanks.

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RSX_Turbo_9psi said:
Man the mainshafts on the RSX Trann must suck. I just got fucked up mine aboud two weeks ago. Just got it back today. The mainshaft cost about 196, I got mine for 174 thats cost. It also ate up my first gear. I dont think fist gear can take the tracktion. If you go to an Acura dealer, they are you going to chage you 16 hours labor... that is what it is just to take the tranny out.

Lucky for me I know a few people, got charged 3 hours, got all the parts at cost, and got all new syncros for free. and threw the guy 300 on the side. So my total bill ended up being about 671. not bad for what it was supposed to be, but let us know what it was in the tranny that went. I would really like to know if the main shaft is the weak link. Thanks.
how much did you pay for labor though all in all?...im paying 300 to take the tranny out and disassemble it and put it back in later on as well...but thats not including labor for whatever it costs to fix whatever went wrong...if my first gear did go, do actually replace first gear or is that what the mainshaft is?...and how much do syncros cost?...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
nice times, good luck with your trans

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
XxThInKxX said:
i blew my tranny once, just 2nd and 4th somehow, and they fixed it totally under warranty, i didnt drop a penny for it.
ya but with the pg lsd and the exedy clutch in there, i dont think they'll warranty much of anything

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
hey zotex....yours was running too rich from the setting for stage II at 4500?? what psi were you running?? didnt you have the fmu installed "differently"?? or was that after you fixed it? have you taken it to around 20lbs yet??

i think ill use his setting and set mine for 9lbs....ill have more fuel because of the fmu, and i can just tune it down from there.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts