Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ran at 8psi with full interior and 2 amps and with 205/55/16 azenis all around with 26psi in the front tire pressure...i launched at aruond 3500 and just dropped the clutch and i really dont know how to feather the clutch all to well yet but thats something i wanna try next...i got in 3 runs which were real consistent and ill post all three...

1st run
R/T -- .7917
60ft -- 2.3181
1/4 ET -- 13.7869
1/4 MPH -- 103.69

2nd run
R/T -- .5819
60ft -- 2.3983
1/4 ET -- 13.7833
1/4 MPH -- 103.93

3rd run BEST
R/T -- .7642
60ft -- 2.2508
1/4 ET -- 13.7525
1/4 MPH -- 106.79

my 60ft was real crappy bc when i would shift from 1st to 2nd i would think its time to shift but it really wouldnt be because the tach would be off due to the tires spinning, i guess thats were learning how to feather the clutch will play a huge role...i cant post the actual slips bc i dont have access to a scanner here on campus at least i dont think i do...and does anyone know what kind of quarter mile my trap speeds should get me??...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
good times

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
RsxVengeance said:
very consistent number......good job.
consistant times, but not consistant runs. while they're good runs, 1/4 times are all about the 60'. when thats the same, and low, you get results. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Hey Inprogress2, you ever going to answer my pm i sent u a while ago? Whats the deal with this useless cat u sold me

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did answer the pm you sent me...all i was told by the shop was that a testpipe would be best and for me to get rid of my restrictive hi-flow cat and thats what i did, i didnt know it was bad, honestly if that matters...

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
106mph... :eek: Nice!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Keep dropping the clutch - just get slicks =)

-eric

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ericcarver1 said:
Keep dropping the clutch - just get slicks =)

-eric
really? wouldnt feathering the clutch be better? just asking...well i cant afford slicks and even if money werent the issue i think my right axle/cv joint is going out which sucks big balls, does anyone know where i can get aftermarket axles from aside from driveshaftshop and also how much the stock axles are?...i may try drag radials like some nittos or something we'll see

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
there is a new ad for high performance axles in this months sport compact car mag. ive got the neo gens and they cut about 2 tenths off my 1/4.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Slicks are better than "feathering" street tires man. I have yet to hear of a broken axel yet, have you? Xcell, Mikey, Edo, JDkindle, etc... I dont think anyone has broken one.

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ericcarver1 said:
Slicks are better than "feathering" street tires man. I have yet to hear of a broken axel yet, have you? Xcell, Mikey, Edo, JDkindle, etc... I dont think anyone has broken one.
well i dont know what it is then, its like a whining noise that comes only in first gear during acceleration and slowing down...anybody have any idea what it could be?...the egts read normal, im boosting fine and my oil temp stay normal dont really know if oil temp matters but still jus saying...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Inprogress I was boosting 12 psi, but the car was running very rich, it needs fine tunning. Also last time the car was dynoed it was at 270 whp @ 9 psi, so my guesstimate is that at 12 psi shall be around 300 whp.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts