Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving in the rsx close to 5 years, but still I don't have a good feel for the back of my car. When backing up I can't seem to really tell how far I am with the other car. Is this all just feel or is there some tips to backing up real close without hitting a car?

·
Registered
753 Posts
It is kinda hard to see to the back of a RSX unlike some other cars. Its just a matter of knowing your car, I dont really have any "tips."

·
Registered
350 Posts
you dont know how back up? regardless of what vehicle you drive you should have a good depth of preception.

its just like parallel parking in terms of getting lined up.... but its always better to be short then to be long haha.... dont scratch yoru bumper...

the next 10 times you park back in

·
Never shit a shitter
4,428 Posts
you dont know how back up? regardless of what vehicle you drive you should have a good depth of preception.

its just like parallel parking in terms of getting lined up.... but its always better to be short then to be long haha.... dont scratch yoru bumper...

the next 10 times you park back in
And you, sir, do not know engrish.

·
American HP!!
25,617 Posts
It is kinda hard to see to the back of a RSX unlike some other cars. Its just a matter of knowing your car, I dont really have any "tips."
:iamwiths:

5 yrs & you still don't know your car ?????

·
ciao-su!
7,796 Posts
i agree with you on this one. when i had my 97 integra, i was able to gauge the distance behind my car a lot better than with my rsx. i think the tilt of the window kinda throws us off or something. i can gauge the distance fairly well now, but not as good as with my integra

·
staxx
814 Posts
i came from a wrangler so i had no problem backing up (if anything i'd go right over an obsticle) so i feel you on this one..i am getting used to it now though, i just back in my driveway everytime i enter it, i think it helps out

·
Registered
6,261 Posts
i agree with you on this one. when i had my 97 integra, i was able to gauge the distance behind my car a lot better than with my rsx. i think the tilt of the window kinda throws us off or something. i can gauge the distance fairly well now, but not as good as with my integra
i came from a wrangler so i had no problem backing up (if anything i'd go right over an obsticle) so i feel you on this one..i am getting used to it now though, i just back in my driveway everytime i enter it, i think it helps out
learn how to drive? :eek:

·
Murderator
23,101 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts