Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I installed a Hallmans ES MBC and after i got it set to 8 psi, in 2nd gear it suddenly shot up to 15 psi. When i saw that i slammed on the brakes and stopped the gas and pulled over. Everything seemed to be fine, since the FMU had the fuel situation covered and i intentionally turned the injectors up to make it run rich because i didnt know the amount of fuel i would need for 8 or 9 psi, but thats now what im worried about. BTW this is on a base model rsx and not a type s, if that matters much.

Do you think anything in my head is damaged from this half second 15 psi? I think i would know if any major had happend the second i hit it.

Any insight is appreciated

Thanks...

·
Still tuning....
4,331 Posts
No...dont worry to much about it. The same thing happened to me. Except it was my wastegate vacuum line that melted and my wastegate never opened. I ran ~15psi on a stock motor for a second or two also. If you are that worried about it, just do a compression check.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kracker said:
No...dont worry to much about it. The same thing happened to me. Except it was my wastegate vacuum line that melted and my wastegate never opened. I ran ~15psi on a stock motor for a second or two also. If you are that worried about it, just do a compression check.
I was thinking about doing that. When i drove to school this morning i heard a different noise come out of the engine (usally it sounds stock), today it sounded like a very minor open wastegate of a sort. Ill look into it more tonight. Mabye i broke a gasket, who knows. The scary thing after the 15 psi was I blew a pipe off and that was the first time that ever happend before.

BTW...15 psi pulls hella hard. I want pistons and rods. :laughing:

·
Registered
114 Posts
punkdrum4ever1 said:
I was thinking about doing that. When i drove to school this morning i heard a different noise come out of the engine (usally it sounds stock), today it sounded like a very minor open wastegate of a sort. Ill look into it more tonight. Mabye i broke a gasket, who knows. The scary thing after the 15 psi was I blew a pipe off and that was the first time that ever happend before.

BTW...15 psi pulls hella hard. I want pistons and rods. :laughing:
Check for boost leaks. Do you hear a raspy exhaust note come from the engine bay?

·
Out on bail
1,125 Posts
i don't think you will be too much in danger. even if it did boost to 15 for a second, that doesn't mean there was necessarily enough time to go badly lean and harm anything. just remember the type-s thats been running on 14psi for months now. he is tuned for 14, but that is just under what you are at, and he has higher compression. you should be fine.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
What rpm were you at when you hit 15 psi? At 5k rpms, i bet 15 psi is fine

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RsXiK said:
Check for boost leaks. Do you hear a raspy exhaust note come from the engine bay?
I found one. A vacume T fitting broke. And right now thats the exact noise im hearing...I though it was a exhaust leak.

What is it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.