Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just took my car into the dealership cause it was burning a ton of oil (1 qt every 3 weeks)and it was still under warranty. they tell me my problem is that i have a piston ring failure in cylinder #4 and of course we all know they won't fix it but at least the looked at it for free. anything you guys would recommend me do? i'm just not sure how this happened seeing as how i only have bolt ons and i don't exactly go racing my car every weekend.

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Well whats not important is how it broke but how to fix it. If you have a lift u can pull it out the bottom but if not u have to pull the whole motor and take it apart.

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
cause they are saying some bullshit like my mods caused more stress to the piston than what it was designed for so it is therefore not covered under the warranty
ok a few options

Lawyer up....

or

go back to stock and go to another dealer (easiest solution) and go to another dealer

1,493 Posts
I find it pretty unlikely that your bolt ons fried your piston ring....I've never fried on a modded car..

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tell me this is a bunch of BS...this is exactly what the report says

Cause: Acura care sent field adjuster out to inspect vehicle. repair was declined due to after market performance parts.

Correction: engine need rings. valve stem seals. Rod Bearings and all necessary gaskets. Heads should be sent to machine shop for integrity inspection.

·
Hi there
696 Posts
Dealers dont talk to each other but if you go to another dealer you will most likely get the same adjuster to come look at the car earlier

1 - 20 of 20 Posts