1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase a 2006 RSX Type-S from the Acura dealership in Barrie:

-Vivid Blue
-61,xxx km
-Stock, no mods. May be A-Spec, has the large spoiler, but I haven't seen the car yet
-One owner, no accidents (Checked CarProof and CarFax)
-Was bought by the dealership from the owner with 20 months left on the lease
-Will be sold certified by the dealership, e-tested, safety, all in

Already agreed on a price with the dealership which seems fair, as long as the car checks out.

I'm going up to Barrie tomorrow (Wednesday October 14) in the afternoon to take a look at it. I don't know any mechanics up that way, and I'm not really that familiar with what to look for other than the obvious.

Any Barrie crew want to come by the dealership and give me a hand looking it over? :) Please PM and I'll send my contact details.

Looking forward to joining the club! :)

·
dbl-O
5,500 Posts
I'm looking to purchase a 2006 RSX Type-S from the Acura dealership in Barrie:

-Vivid Blue
-61,xxx km
-Stock, no mods. May be A-Spec, has the large spoiler, but I haven't seen the car yet
-One owner, no accidents (Checked CarProof and CarFax)
-Was bought by the dealership from the owner with 20 months left on the lease
-Will be sold certified by the dealership, e-tested, safety, all in

Already agreed on a price with the dealership which seems fair, as long as the car checks out.

I'm going up to Barrie tomorrow (Wednesday October 14) in the afternoon to take a look at it. I don't know any mechanics up that way, and I'm not really that familiar with what to look for other than the obvious.

Any Barrie crew want to come by the dealership and give me a hand looking it over? :) Please PM and I'll send my contact details.

Looking forward to joining the club! :)
I hope they didn't try to sell these to you as bonuses... ALL dealers cert the car for you. You still pay for it though, because for their 300$+ whatchamacallit fee, it includes the safety, etest, and 'detailing'. TBH, i bet the safety certs don't mean too much because they probably just bring it to their regular shop and cert it no matter what.

how much are you paying?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$21,300 all in (taxes, cert, safety, e-test).

Originally I thought I was going to be taking over the lease and buying it out from the previous owner, and it would have been around $21,600 that way (including the dealership's $399.00 admin fee) so it is a bit less.

·
Yowtai Pedobear in Action
14,817 Posts
make sure u use the grad rebate and make sure the certified extended warranty is included (it's free when you buy any certified used car from the stealership)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good tip... I graduated more than 4 years ago, so I don't think I can get that, but the extended certified warranty for sure I will ask for.

·
bɹo˙ʎʇɹɐduoɯ&#4
10,428 Posts
$21,300? Buy and STi!

·
Yowtai Pedobear in Action
14,817 Posts
remembe,r dont let ur guards down since it's a stealership.

the mechanic that takes the car in doesnt do a thorough check and some parts might have been swapped by those teenage tech

so as i've said, get someone who knows about car to check it out once, you might have to pay, but it'll be worth it in the long run.

·
dbl-O
5,500 Posts

·
Drive Slow Homie
2,256 Posts
Fuk sti come to club Rsx :D
I think most things should be fine with a 06 as long as it hasn't been in major accidents or heavily nodded and tracked. Honda motors are pretty darn good

·
bɹo˙ʎʇɹɐduoɯ&#4
10,428 Posts
Fuk sti come to club Rsx :D
I think most things should be fine with a 06 as long as it hasn't been in major accidents or heavily nodded and tracked. Honda motors are pretty darn good
Suck my cawk! Get me some cigarettes bitch!

·
bɹo˙ʎʇɹɐduoɯ&#4
10,428 Posts

·
All show > Impounded Car
15,458 Posts
Are you rearrrrly brack?

·
That Dead Pedal Guy
2,991 Posts
Find flaws and try to knock the price down a bit when you're haggling

I would also recommend not letting them detail it. Every "detail" job I've seen dealerships do are hack job idiots who shouldn't be any where near a PC.

Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not sure if I can get it down lower than $21,300.. is that not a fair price?

Can anyone recommend a mechanic in Barrie to take it to?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts