Registered
499 Posts
this is the best news ever supra! all i need is an xtra 3k and im there! lmao

·
Rotary Trooper
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
making fun of ur own kind :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
lol. I make fun of my own kind too. I also used to like to race my buddys evo 8 when his transfer case was bad:rotfl: its easy to beat an evo when it is limping:D

·
Registered
643 Posts
Type S automatic swap possible?

Let's say I can get my hands on a type S engine with relatively low miles, now that automatics can be kpro'd, is it possible to have a smooth running reliable RSX type-s with an automatic transmission? To clarify, can the automatic transmission simply bolt on to a K20A2 without a lot of modifications required other than ECU work.

·
i haz gold plated diapers
1,884 Posts
Let's say I can get my hands on a type S engine with relatively low miles, now that automatics can be kpro'd, is it possible to have a smooth running reliable RSX type-s with an automatic transmission? To clarify, can the automatic transmission simply bolt on to a K20A2 without a lot of modifications required other than ECU work.
yea you should be able to, because there is a member on here running a type-r motor with the auto tranny so you should try it and give us results

·
Registered
499 Posts
yea you should be able to, because there is a member on here running a type-r motor with the auto tranny so you should try it and give us results
yeah..DEF in on 1

results on type r motor with auto tranny! best of both worlds!

·
Registered
643 Posts
The best price I could find for a type R engine is one out of Montreal for $4399. When you add the $2000 for a Kpro'd ECU+tuning, that's way more than I wanted to spend. Don't get me wrong, I love anything that would get me more power. I just prefer something more plug and play without sacrificing reliability, while remaining cost effective. I just assumed that there would be a lot less hassle with swapping in a k20a2 than a K20a. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I just thought Type R engines would be a more complicated swap (requiring complex modifications) since they are in RHD vehicles.

For the owner of the RSX whom successful mated the K20a with the auto tranny, please comment on the challenges you must have faced with your swap.

Thanks, this is getting interesting.

·
i haz gold plated diapers
1,884 Posts
The best price I could find for a type R engine is one out of Montreal for $4399. When you add the $2000 for a Kpro'd ECU+tuning, that's way more than I wanted to spend. Don't get me wrong, I love anything that would get me more power. I just prefer something more plug and play without sacrificing reliability, while remaining cost effective. I just assumed that there would be a lot less hassle with swapping in a k20a2 than a K20a. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I just thought Type R engines would be a more complicated swap (requiring complex modifications) since they are in RHD vehicles.

For the owner of the RSX whom successful mated the K20a with the auto tranny, please comment on the challenges you must have faced with your swap.

Thanks, this is getting interesting.
no not at all RHD doesnt make a difference the cmc and clutch brake and throttle cables are just ran differently, swapping in the type r long block is the same as swapping in any longblock, my response to you was to put the k20a2 with auto tranny and that it should work because i've seen a type-r swap in with an auto tranny. so k20a2 DOOOIITTT lol then say "my auto pulls with real vtec" then we will :drool: when we see pics and vids

·
Registered
499 Posts
no not at all RHD doesnt make a difference the cmc and clutch brake and throttle cables are just ran differently, swapping in the type r long block is the same as swapping in any longblock, my response to you was to put the k20a2 with auto tranny and that it should work because i've seen a type-r swap in with an auto tranny. so k20a2 DOOOIITTT lol then say "my auto pulls with real vtec" then we will :drool: when we see pics and vids
x2! auto with vtec :drool:

im lazy so i think an auto with real vtec would be simply amazing

·
Registered
111 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the primary difference between the k20a2 and a3 is the head and the absence of the oil pump on the a3. Now if my memory serves me correct, the k24a1 head is a perfect fit for the k20a3 block and it flows better the a2 head. SOOOOOO you could try to get a k24a1 head and get some type s cams. That's what I'm doing. I already have the type s cams and intake manifold. Now I'm just trying to find someone that wants to swap me my k24a4 head for a k24a1 head. Other than that I just need the throttle body.

361 - 376 of 376 Posts