Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
norcal member
27,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i run a CAI & race header on stock exhaust?
take out the cat & resonator
i really dont want a aftermarket exhaust,considering its a auto
good low end ,high end?
engine will choke?
NEED HELP!

·
(•_•) ( l :) (.-.) (: l )
12,876 Posts
you need a type-s exhaust...the race header doesn't fit with the exhaust on the auto...soo you can get the stock type-s exhaust if you really don't want an aftermarket exhaust

·
norcal member
27,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
hmm i herd u cant put a type-s exhaust on a base...because it gives a different back pressure so i'll lose hp... or do u mean i need a type-s overall?

·
(•_•) ( l :) (.-.) (: l )
12,876 Posts
soo basically what i get out of it is you can get the type-s exhaust or have a shop make an adaptor to make it fit

·
norcal member
27,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wonder if its all worth it to go through all that..i'll think about it.i would need to find a type-s exhaust first tho ...but thanks for ur help

·
Banned
2,698 Posts
RiceCooknDC5 said:
i wonder if its all worth it to go through all that..i'll think about it.i would need to find a type-s exhaust first tho ...but thanks for ur help
You can do what I did and use the 5zigen Type-S to base adapter to hook up an exhaust made for the S to fit the base, its about a 5-6" adapter...its only 40-60 depending where you get it from. It'd be about the same price to have an exhaust shop modify your exhaust or make an adaptor for you. Good Luck! :wavey:

·
norcal member
27,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^how much is the 5zigen adaptor?? how much will it cost for a shop to install it w/o using that?

·
Banned
2,698 Posts
it costs $40-60 depending where you get it from. an exhaust shop can install it without it, but they will have to extend your exhaust themselves that usually costs about $60. Me, I didnt want someone going at my EVO with a hacksaw...so i opted for the extender. Plus with the extender, in my experience, you can go to any 'tuner' shops and usually have it installed cheaper then an exhaust shop...or better yet have an experienced friend do it for food! :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts