Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if there are any base auto owners that added an intake or other small mod and would like to comment on it. Did it make any difference in how the car felt while driving? I know it's not going to turn my car into a race car, but a little boost to make it feel "peppier" would be nice.

Any advice would be great.

·
(•_•) ( l :) (.-.) (: l )
12,876 Posts
yes i've added several "small" mods...i am peppier...actually the peppiest "small" mod auto :)

·
997 C4S
11,065 Posts
Almost any aftermarket filter is "worth" purchasing. If not for the performance factor, the filtration improvements over stock would be enough to justify purchasing an intake. Not to mention that the filters are reusable and will save you money in the long run.

I got my CAI for $135/shipped new so it was definately a no-brainer. However don't buy an SRI if it's going to cost you anymore than $100 and a CAI is not worth more than $150.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I think the sound is worth it, turns heads. Would get CAI though, felt no signifigant gain with v2.

·
Registered
147 Posts
if you are not in a area where you may have to worry about hydrolocking your engine....get a cai....but i live in south florida so i decided it wasnt worth the risk and got a sri....no real power gains but the sound difference is noticable

·
Registered
45 Posts
In Singapore flooding occurs sometimes but that didn't stopped me from getting the AEM CAI, well for power wise, yeah more of the mid, high end I do feel some diff. Low end same ...as for the sound, well its diff when the VTEC is open but not too loud too....or am I getting immue to it already?? ahha I love loud sound!!

·
997 C4S
11,065 Posts
siron said:
In Singapore flooding occurs sometimes but that didn't stopped me from getting the AEM CAI, well for power wise, yeah more of the mid, high end I do feel some diff. Low end same ...as for the sound, well its diff when the VTEC is open but not too loud too....or am I getting immue to it already?? ahha I love loud sound!!
You don't have vtec sorry

·
Ex-rsx'er now s-10 owner
280 Posts
he has vtec just that its not the kind that u can hear through an intake. Still bases can get pretty loud with an intake.

·
997 C4S
11,065 Posts
Curita02 said:
he has vtec just that its not the kind that u can hear through an intake. Still bases can get pretty loud with an intake.
VTEC employs added lift and duration which is missing from our systems. We only go from 12 valves to 16 valves for fuel efficiency... not quite VTEC

EDIT: well he doesn't have true vtec anyway... we just have a mislabeled one for consumers who didn't know any better :(

·
Progressing to the limit
2,062 Posts
Keith DC5 said:
VTEC employs added lift and duration which is missing from our systems. We only go from 12 valves to 16 valves for fuel efficiency... not quite VTEC

EDIT: well he doesn't have true vtec anyway... we just have a mislabeled one for consumers who didn't know any better :(
Can you explain what does "DOHC" means?

·
Ex-rsx'er now s-10 owner
280 Posts
Keith DC5 said:

i know, we have fake-tech :laughing: still to the threadstarter if u want and have the $$$$ u could try that mugen airbox in your auto i havent seen anybody with an auto try it, so maybe u could be the pioneer and so what if it doesnt get the same gains as in an S, thats why there are auto owners on these boards to try shit out even though we own a slushbox.

·
997 C4S
11,065 Posts
It's not so much that the K20A3 doesn't respond well to mod, it's just that the auto trans eats up so much of that power resulting in very minimal gains. 10 HP at the crank will translate to 2 or 3 at the wheels (if that), which is why boost makes the only real difference.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts