Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 305 Posts

·
エアロキット&#
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I think it looks good how you made it look like a manual-

but honestly, I'd rather just make it look good as an auto- instead of hiding the fact that it is an auto.

·
9krippin champagne sippin
8,981 Posts
2006 base auto, showoff thread in sig.

Engine:
-AEM v2 Intake
-HKS Hi Power Exhaust
-DC Sports Race Header
-Innovative Engine Mounts
-ITR valve cover
-ITR spark plug cover

Wheels And Suspension:
-Tein S-techs
-Work Emotions CR-KAI (Gun-metal)
-225/45/17 Michelin Sport Tires
-Megan Racing Pillar Bars
-Front and Rear Mugen Replica Strut Bars

Exterior:
-15% Tint
-JDM yellow foggies
-55w DIGITAL H1 5000k Retro Solutions HIDS
-Debadged

·
Registered
724 Posts
wow...this one looks like a manual....is it base auto anyways?

it s very easy. here s a quick DIY auto grate shift boot.

1) buy a type s shift boot and console (just the top portion that costs bout 70bux that has the boot stapled to the console)
2) take original shift knob off and make sure the car is in neutral, and have the e-brake up
3) pull out the old grate by using a flat head screw driver
4) there will be some tabs that you need to push in to get the grate out.. you gotta pull hard
5) slide the new console/boot into place, and push firmly so that it sits smoothly
6) screw back on your original shift knob

prep work-> take the boot off the console when you first buy it.. take and cut the tabs about 1 inch shorter (if you install as it, the boot will bunch up and will make it hard to change gears).. i just cut upwards about an inch to extend the tabs and tucked them underneath.

i also left that black strip that in there as well. as is.

the little light underneath will still show up, just use duct tape along the seams underneath/inbehind the boot.

it s a pretty simple installation plus it cleans things up in your interior. i personally didn t like the look of that grate.

·
06NBPDC5
187 Posts
Man I remember when I first rolled up in my base auto and hella type-s owners be hating at a local meet but :dontknow: fuck'em BASE POWER!!! lol

Here are some of my mods for my BASE AUTO

DC race header
Toda racing full cat back
AEM V2 intake
Mugen front strut bar
Mugen Sides skirts
Mugen Rear lip
C-west Front bumper + canards
05-06 retro fitted headlights
Volks CE28ns
Work CR kais
TOYO Tires
Falken Tires
Project kics neo lugs
Spoon Calipers
Spoon pads
Bembo rotors
Tein s. tech

There more just check my show off thread

I have some more stuff that is being shipped
J's racing 70rr exhaust
Arc super induction box
J's Valve Cover
Arc spark plug cover
Power slot Gold rotors
Custom fitted spoon rear calipers
Ohlin coils

anyway here are some pix of the progress

Base Auto reppin lol:bow::bow:
Take off the Type R badge and you wont get shit from type s owners:shakehead good looking car tho

·
Banned
75,977 Posts
auto owners:

do you buy autos just because you don't want to do any "work" while driving? i can see the appeal if it is a commuter car or just to zip around town in. just curious.

·
エアロキット&#
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
auto owners:

do you buy autos just because you don't want to do any "work" while driving? i can see the appeal if it is a commuter car or just to zip around town in. just curious.
I could see some of us getting it for that reason-

but for me- I was given this car by my grandfather in highschool-

so instead of complaining that is isnt a stick- I respected it and respected him buying it for me

and modded the fuck out of it..lol

·
Banned
75,977 Posts
I could see some of us getting it for that reason-

but for me- I was given this car by my grandfather in highschool-

so instead of complaining that is isnt a stick- I respected it and respected him buying it for me

and modded the fuck out of it..lol
sounds like a nice grandfather. thanks for the answer. i was expecting some comments like GTFO or some shit like that.

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
auto owners:

My dad bought the car for his commute. I got it as a free car (so I dont drive the porsche as a dd anymore). But I do commute about 600 miles a weekend every few weeks (visit gf/family)

Free car, and the commute, so the auto works. Yea, a type S would be great, but the car does what I need it to, its clean, and i've been making it more personalized.

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
taken off my iphone this weekend

My sig says pretty much what she has. I need to save up for some new tires for the Porsche before any more mods.

and the reason why I drive the base auto (and don't mind)

81 - 100 of 305 Posts