Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, there.

Few days ago, my transmission suddenly locked itself at Park. I can't move the knob anywhere unless I press the shift lock button. There was no CEL and there was no fault code when the car was diagnosed. I brought it to a wiring shop and after two days, they found out it's a wiring problem.

So, they fixed it and I drove my car to my tuner's shop (the wiring shop and my tuner's shop is practically next to each other, so I drove pretty slowly without even changing gear).

After I got the car tuned and all, I went for a drive and I realized that something is off. The gear change (+-) of the sportshift is acting weird. It no longer shifts as fast as it did before. Feels like there's like a delay in changing gears.

It's no longer changing gear as immediately as before. The feel is pretty much the same like when I use the sportshift while the car is still cold, but normally it will return to normal a few moments later. But now it stays the same.

I'm quite worried if this is a sign of the tranny going bad. Can it be a wiring problem? It can't be the ECU, right? And my Hondata doesn't do anything to the tranny as the stock ECU is the one in control of the tranny's sportshift.

tl;dr

- Gear locks itself at Park.
- Had wiring guy fix it.
- Went for a tune.
- Now sportshift changes gear slower than before.
- HELP!:(

Thanks.

UPDATE : I also noticed that the car shakes slightly when the rpm goes lower when I lift my foot off the pedal at gear 1.

·
Dreamchaser
939 Posts
How's your transmission fluid looking? Low? Dirty?
Have you done a ECU reset?

That wiring guy may have touched something he shouldn't have

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How's your transmission fluid looking? Low? Dirty?
Have you done a ECU reset?

That wiring guy may have touched something he shouldn't have
My transmission fluid is fine. I've checked it multiple of times. I haven't done an ECU reset. If I did that, will I have to tune everything back?

Yeah, I'm going to see him and ask tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts