Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Absolute Pro-Formance
9,890 Posts
I honestly don't understand why they don't have half the shit for the Auto, what is it?

· Running from the Blerch
23,418 Posts
they dont have alot of products for the auto because pretty much every company puts their emphasis on making products for the type s because thats what the majority of RSX owners drive. i think the RSX sales go 60% type s and 40% base or something like that. after the type s products come out is when they start to look at working on base products

and there is no supercharger for the base auto because the ECU does not have enough memory for the program needed to run the JRSC .. all of its memory is devoted to the tranny

so if you want boost like i do then just save up for the cybernation stage 1 kit
the auto tranny can hold low boost up to about 10 psi somewhat reliably but i would keep it around 5-7 psi so no problems occur
if you want to find out more about the turbo do a search for yeahi
he has a sick base auto thats runnin a CN stage 1

· konichiwa
810 Posts
well, you could use the jrsc on the auto, you'd just have to go another route for tuning, besides hondata...because hondata says that there is not enough memory space available to upload the tune to the auto base rsx ecu.

So maybe CN's guardian or some apexi safc

· Quack Quack
205 Posts
I think Yeahi's is auto...and he has it turbo'd by CN. Don't quote me on that, but when I was looking through his pictures, I think I saw an auto shift lever.

· Registered
231 Posts
If they made the JRSC for the Base Auto and if I had the money, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

· Registered
10,041 Posts
02SilverSiHB said:
well, you could use the jrsc on the auto, you'd just have to go another route for tuning, besides hondata...because hondata says that there is not enough memory space available to upload the tune to the auto base rsx ecu.

So maybe CN's guardian or some apexi safc
hmmmm....i wonder if the guardian would work with it. that would be sweet!

· Registered
601 Posts
NirvanaandTool said:
they dont have alot of products for the auto because pretty much every company puts their emphasis on making products for the type s because thats what the majority of RSX owners drive. i think the RSX sales go 60% type s and 40% base or something like that. after the type s products come out is when they start to look at working on base products
actually, base models are sold more than the type-s... honda builds more base models than they do the type-s because most of the people buying rsx's are just looking for a reliable car, not a performance oriented car like the type-s.. and companies have more aftermarket parts for the type-s because type-s owners are enthusiasts... don't get me wrong, i'm an enthusiast, but when it comes down to it, most bases out on the street are stock.

· Running from the Blerch
23,418 Posts
o ok .. i was under the impression that more s models were being sold

im just glad that parts for the base model are actually out or are in production
i dont care that its not an s .
its still a rsx and i love it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.