Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
375 Posts
rsexypnoy said:
If i get the jackson racing headers. what do i need to make it fit? I have a aftermarket super medalion racing exhuast. help me out. thanks.
Do you have a type S exhaust, or a base exhaust?

If you have a type S exhaust, then you will be fine.

If you have a base exhaust, then it will need to be modified (they will have to cut off about 5-6") and weld it back together.

·
TRD Taco
1,036 Posts
ResidueRSX said:
Do you have a type S exhaust, or a base exhaust?

If you have a type S exhaust, then you will be fine.

If you have a base exhaust, then it will need to be modified (they will have to cut off about 5-6") and weld it back together.
:iamwiths:

·
Banned
375 Posts
1BADSUP said:
Are you guys saying that any Type S header will bolt directly to the base engine, without an adaptor? I have an Apexi world series Type S exhaust.
Yes any type S header will bolt up to the engine perfectly fine. You'll will need either a type S exhause, or to modify one made for the base (basically youll convert your base exhaust into a type S exhaust).

·
Banned
375 Posts
rsexypnoy said:
Residue: so what if i want to put my stock exhaust back and what if i already weld my racing headers with my aftermarket base exhaust, would it be possible to do it?
you wont weld the exhaust to the headers, they will bolt up together. The only part that would need to be welded would be the b pipe of the exhaust. Base B pipes are about 5-6" longer then the type S b pipes. This extra 5-6" inches needs to be removed in order for it to fit with the header. If you want to go back to stock exhaust later, then you will need to either:
1) remover the header and put the stock header/cat back on, and then fit a base exhaust on to that, or you could use your 'type S' exhaust and use the 5-zigen Type S-base converter and install it that way
2) buy a stock type s exhaust
3) have your stock exhaust modified to fit (cut the extra 5-6" off)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha true true. okay, so if i wanted to go back to stock all i have to do is replace the racing header with my stock header and replace my aftermarket exhaust with my stock exhaust right???

·
Banned
375 Posts
rsexypnoy said:
haha true true. okay, so if i wanted to go back to stock all i have to do is replace the racing header with my stock header and replace my aftermarket exhaust with my stock exhaust right???
Yeah...If you remove the race header and exhaust, then put the stock header, cat. convertor, and catback exhaust, then you will be stock again! :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.