Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got K Tuned race headers for my 03 Base Auto and they are working well but I have a check engine light. I replaced both O2 sensors, reset the ECU, and installed a defouler and still have a check engine light, any ideas?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Have you checked what code it's throwing? Defoulers don't always work, so it's more than likely due to no cat. Or it's a lean code.

·
Registered
2003 Acura RSX 5spd
5,219 Posts
Always invest in an OBDII reader before replacing parts, so you're not wasting money. I got this cheap one from Walmart in stock locally at the time, works great. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tough-HT309-OBD2-Scan-Diagnostic-Tool-Code-Reader-Red/54620271 Then you can google the code, and throw in the code + RSX to see any CRSX forum history. Keep us updated so we can help you. Also besides "working well" have you noticed any improvement? Would you recommend the race header?

EDIT: You can also go to most auto shops like AutoZone, or O'Reilly's and they'll scan the CEL code for free. But I'd suggest in buying one so you know what the issue might be as it arises. Don't want to drive around on a major issue with possibility of damaging your engine. One of my old civics would flash the CEL if it was critical, no idea if the RSX does that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a scanner, I don’t remember off of the top of my head but the code was for knock sensor bank 1. As for the Race Header, it makes a very noticeable difference, I went with K Tuned headers. They don’t make your car super fast but they help throughout the power band. A tune will definitely help more later on though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts