Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey well i have base rsx manual. I went to the track and i ran 16.3. I know that sucks. That was my first time at the track. i don't really race much.Can you please give me some pointers to help me get better. And i have another question can a stock base rsx beat a stock 03 tiburon gt v6? Thankyou

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
no it can't, not from a stand-still. Especially not with your track time.

Release/feather the clutch as soon as the last yellow light blinks and floor the gas unless you feel the tires spinning. Then just shift properly ( http://www.turnfast.com/tech_driving/driving_shifting.lasso ) and you should be able to reach 15.8 stock, unless you've added a ton of weight to your car such as sound deadening and subwoofers. And try to prevent chirping between the gears by letting up off of the gas between shifts. If you chirp the tires that means you lost traction which means you lost time.

·
Registered
547 Posts
James S, do you drive a 5-spd base? Just curious.

Anyway, the fastest time I've seen for a stock V6 6-spd Tib is 15.4 and I think the trapspeed was ~89mph. The fastest time I've seen for a stock base RSX 5-spd is 15.6 and the trapspeed was 88mph.

Basically, it's a driver's race between the two cars with a slight advantage for the Tib. If you're racing one, it's going to come down to who can drive better. If it's an auto Tib V6, you should win if you can get a good launch.

As for getting your launches down, try asking the q in the 1/4 mile board. The only tip I have to say is to practice. Personally, I like to feather the clutch off the launch, but I know some people like to just drop it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
360 said:
James S, do you drive a 5-spd base? Just curious.

Anyway, the fastest time I've seen for a stock V6 6-spd Tib is 15.4 and I think the trapspeed was ~89mph. The fastest time I've seen for a stock base RSX 5-spd is 15.6 and the trapspeed was 88mph.

Basically, it's a driver's race between the two cars with a slight advantage for the Tib. If you're racing one, it's going to come down to who can drive better. If it's an auto Tib V6, you should win if you can get a good launch.

As for getting your launches down, try asking the q in the 1/4 mile board. The only tip I have to say is to practice. Personally, I like to feather the clutch off the launch, but I know some people like to just drop it.
" i should be seeing low 14's by the end of the winter, early spring.. changing a few things i already have, mainly exhaust system." quote from klutch rsx. watch his vids and see just how fast his base rsx is.

·
bye RSX, hello TSX
1,348 Posts
Feathering is basically releasing/holding the clutch until your tires catch traction then release all the way. You should practice more on your launch and you should get down to high 15's. I ran a 16.0 first time out with full tank of gas, my entire stereo system, and with 35psi in all four (stock) tires. Im sure i could do better becuase my 60ft was a nasty 2.57, so you should pretty do decent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts