the base Rsx has : 160HP/141lbs-ft/5-speed manual

Now, who do you think would do the best time on 1/4 miles

I know it would have a lot to do with the driver but basicly
Car to car ... ?

Thanks

·
Registered
741 Posts
You'll smoke him, if you guys are both descent drivers. The base does not actually have 160 hp and 141 tq. It's more about 135 whp and 120 wtq, but his does not actually have that much either.

I think it's funny, but I've seen some neons beat civics (none si), tiburons, eclipses, and some other cars. I guess they have a little something in them (not taking driver into consideration), but they are still cheap cars.

·
Representin' DC5AB.COM
433 Posts
Here's the stats for you. This is taken off www.car-videos.com performance stats. The base RSX runs the 1/4 in 15.70s @90.5mph, the Neon R/T runs the 1/4 in 16.10 @87mph. So you should beat him no problem. But you never know, it's not just the car, it's also the driver. So if you are good at racing then you've got him.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, tanks guys. I was wondering if i had to add some mods to make sure to beat him :) Maybe the hondata ECU reflashe.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
that would help.. i've raced one before i never had any idea they were even that close to keeping up with us i was surprised!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yheaa well i work downtown Montreal (Canada), this guy told me. Let's go race Now here... So i said here downtown? and he said yes on St-Catherine Street... For ppl that dont know this street is a mini version of Broadway (New york)... No way i am going to race there with 10 000 ppl walking everywhere. Now he think i am a chicken ... ha ha

·
Registered
741 Posts
I would have done the same thing. I'm scared to street race now, cause over here in Texas (not sure if anywhere else) there's a law that street racing is a second degree felony now. If caught, you go to jail.

·
Registered
390 Posts
ive beaten several neon R/T and several more 2.0 magnums easily, they suck, as do Z24 cav's and the ecotec cav's. only the SRT-4 is a threat.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i<ve raced a neon r/t before....i have a prem ss with sri and exhaust........the neon had exhaust......and i was a car length ahead at the end of second....i was pulling more on him at the end of third.........but they are fairly quick cars....and i run just above 16 in the quarter mile........i have a buddy around here with a 5spd rsx with some mods and i usually finish about a half a car length behind him in the 1/4.......so you should beat him

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have faith in you! Smoke his ass

Heres a wave to motivate you..... :wavey: <---------------

·
Registered
741 Posts
Gecko69, does your friend with the 5 speed know how to drive...5 speed base can easily hit 15.6-15.9 completely stock.

hey, you could stop it with the wave now...I think I seen it enough in like 30 other threads

·
Registered
247 Posts
so what if it can hit 15.9.......if i run 16.1............thats .2 seconds.........do you think that .2 seconds is going to put me a full car length behind or more?????....even if he hit 15.6......a half a second amounts to just about 11/2 car lenghts at the VERY most.......so before you knock driving skills and such......think about the difference in times....., .5 to .2 seconds difference....the only difference is that i dont have to worry about missing gears......and for the record my buddy with the 5spd is a really good driver.

·
Registered
741 Posts
a driver in a modded base 5-speed hitting 16s in 1/4 is not a really good driver to me. It may not seem like it, but half a second does account for something. If he is a good driver as you say he is, he should be able to hit mid 15s easily, especially with some aftermarket mods and as you said it, leave you by more than a car length.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i know it counts for something....the fastest he's run is 15.5.......all he has is intake not ehaust...mostly cosmetic stuff.....i have I/E.......and i said thjat i hit 16.1 consistently.......i didn't say he did.....also i said that .5 seconds is at most 1 1/2 car lenghts.....so at VERY most if he runs perfect and i run well he will beat me by that much........but if he over revs at launch, shifts too early, shifts too late it makes that gap smaller because i dont have to worry about making mistakes cause the car shifts for me.... anyways if i was finishing half a car to a cvar lenght behind him that would put him in the 15.7 range....i think thats a pretty decent run ( for intake only)......seriously.......15.5 to 15.9 range to a consistent 16.1.......and with a race header and type s aftermarket exhaust i will be in the 15.8 range myself......anyways that point is he is a decent driver. he does run in the mid 15's consistently.......all i am saying is that .5 to .2 seconds will make a 1/2 a car to 1 1/2 car length difference in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
247 Posts
if you want to check the 15.8 time thing....then check out the base auto time postings and look at spent 198's time........after i add those mods we shoud have similar times.......and anyways this thread is about racing a neon r/t.......long story short......a slighty modded auto can beat one.....a stock base manual should easily beat one......

6,327 Posts
Gecko69 said:
i know it counts for something....the fastest he's run is 15.5.......all he has is intake not ehaust...mostly cosmetic stuff.....i have I/E.......and i said thjat i hit 16.1 consistently.......i didn't say he did.....also i said that .5 seconds is at most 1 1/2 car lenghts.....so at VERY most if he runs perfect and i run well he will beat me by that much........but if he over revs at launch, shifts too early, shifts too late it makes that gap smaller because i dont have to worry about making mistakes cause the car shifts for me.... anyways if i was finishing half a car to a cvar lenght behind him that would put him in the 15.7 range....i think thats a pretty decent run ( for intake only)......seriously.......15.5 to 15.9 range to a consistent 16.1.......and with a race header and type s aftermarket exhaust i will be in the 15.8 range myself......anyways that point is he is a decent driver. he does run in the mid 15's consistently.......all i am saying is that .5 to .2 seconds will make a 1/2 a car to 1 1/2 car length difference in the 1/4 mile.
your Base should whup that Neons ass.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts