Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a base rsx because i hate driving stick all the time. I was wondering how did of a shot is recommended and what other mods should i do? I do not want to do much because if it need warranty work. And with those mods, what should i expect to run?

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
how much is recommended? i'd tell ya a 50 or 75 shot. However if you really plan to have a warrenty, nitrous is not for you. neither is F/I. with that, you're lookin to run a mid to high 14, at very best.

personal opinion: nitrous on the base auto= waste. :dontknow: just the feeling i had after az had it.

6,327 Posts
WarmPepsi said:
how much is recommended? i'd tell ya a 50 or 75 shot. However if you really plan to have a warrenty, nitrous is not for you. neither is F/I. with that, you're lookin to run a mid to high 14, at very best.

personal opinion: nitrous on the base auto= waste. :dontknow: just the feeling i had after az had it.
NAAHHH,if anything else Nos works perfectly on automatic transmissions,every shift done by the AT is purfectoh!!eliminate the lag w/ your torque converter.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
ShoktongVtec said:
NAAHHH,if anything else Nos works perfectly on automatic transmissions,every shift done by the AT is purfectoh!!eliminate the lag w/ your torque converter.
yup, but with a 50 shot (and the 5 speed), you're running even with....... a stock s? maybe a stock s with an intake? whats the point of that? Az had 125 on his base auto, and i'm sure that thing couldn't only muster a mid 14, at the very best.

·
Sir Loin
142 Posts
thats about the best us base auto owners are gonna get without going turbo. : )

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
as long as you face that reality, then theres no problem, but trying to go too far with the base auto...... just proves a bigger defeat. hense the idea of goals :thumbsup:

·
Registered
487 Posts
why buy a base model rsx, thats automatic and still want to go fast. doesnt that seem pointless.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
why buy an rsx to go fast? it's all relative. a neon will run laps past you and me both at a 1/4 track. it's all realitive.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
but a Automatic Base with 75shot could be a sleeper. Everyone would think it runs a messly 17 1/4 mile. But with nitrous it can hit 14's, its not much for as Type S owners but for an Auto RSX thats fast.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
a 75 MIGHT dip into the 14's. thats providing you're a pretty good launcher. I say no, won't happen. So basically what you have is a low 15 sec, auto car. A stock type-s will give it more than a run for the money, and besides, how many s's are actually still stock? :p

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
lol none, I am glad I switch to the Type S, alot of middle age people drives a base auto rsx in my town.

·
Sir Loin
142 Posts
Well not everyone can afford the extra couple thousand for a type-s. When i was buying my rsx i missed the part where i picked my transmission, i was just so happy that i was buying an rsx and not getting stuck in a hyundai accent or something because that was all i could afford. My mom told them auto., so when i picked it up it was auto, and i was stuck with it.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
well then, pay it off, and get an s, or something better.

to intentionally make the base auto fast is a serious waste of time/resources.

·
Sir Loin
142 Posts
dumping alotta money into a base auto for speed is pretty pointless, but the base auto is still a really fun car. I can beat alotta cars on the road, and do it in style too. lol.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
you can?.........

hmm, with a small system also? hmm, i hope you're runnin some stock civic dx's.

pardon the pun and harshness, but speed and base auto don't mix.

you can throw a kit on it, make it look as awesome as you want, thats your thing, but speed is realitive, 'vette people wonder why the hell we'd even mess with a 4 banger, but a lot more people would wonder why you're moddin a base auto....

other than there's a lot more of them than s's. :laughing: :wavey:

·
Sir Loin
142 Posts
Actually my "small system" slams pretty damn hard. What you just said was unnescessary, just enjoy your type s and stop being so arrogant.

·
Sir Loin
142 Posts
Sorry, i misunderstood you. Just alotta type-s owners try and be jerks about base RSX's and it's just stupid. We all have an RSX whether it's a type s or base, its still an RSX. So theres no need to trash a base.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
not a problem, the only issue i have with bases is trying to make them something their not, a speed demon ya know.... and me bein in the n2o forum..... that pretty much means bases that spray are "less effective" than the s's :D

everyone always gives the bases a hard time, but it's all in good fun from me at least, absolutely no reason to make anything major out of it.

·
Sir Loin
142 Posts
Well thats good, sorry for the little argument, just dont like cocky type s owners. Anyway... back on topic.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts