Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've searched for Hours and not come up with any answers. I really want to turbocharge my base auto but i dont want to lose functionality of my transmission in either regular or sportshift mode. Mostly why i what to is a some more power and the sound. I dont wanta trade for a s-type or swap to a manual. so if anyone out there has done it sucessfully please let me know what it takes, what the limits are and a idea of price. thanks

·
Banned
64 Posts
corey11681 said:
Ok I've searched for Hours and not come up with any answers. I really want to turbocharge my base auto but i dont want to lose functionality of my transmission in either regular or sportshift mode. Mostly why i what to is a some more power and the sound. I dont wanta trade for a s-type or swap to a manual. so if anyone out there has done it sucessfully please let me know what it takes, what the limits are and a idea of price. thanks
wow you really havent searched. i believe yeahi's post is somewhere on this page about his turbo. youre really gonna get bashed for not searching.

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
price is around 5k when your done, looking at 4k for the kit and around 1k for an install. If you have the auto tranny, you just need to watch how much you boost, recommended "safe" boosting is from 5-7 psi on a stock auto tranny. You can be risky and crank it up, but your tranny will go faster. You can also swap out the auto tranny for a manual one of get a tranny build up from level 10 and then boost all you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts