Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
boosted
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never hear about anyone racing with the base. RSX vs. All has turned into SRT4 vs ALL so that forum is useless...lets hear some base race storys:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I raced a 1989 Ford AstroVan, took him at the line, he started to gain @ 2nd but 3rd was weak for him and I polled ahead. I won about a van length. It was a close race, but I won. But seriously I don't have too many race stories. I've beaten my fair share and I've also been beaten plenty of times. I raced a corvette 2 days ago. I had him up to 2nd but then 3rd hit and he was gone, I about shit my pants. Ummm I raced a Civic Si few days before in beat him about a 1/2 a car length, it was modded so I was happy. I was racing a Ford Focus SVT on the highway we got up to 130MPH it was a good racing considering we had to dodge traffic. All I know is my leg started shaking to backed off, then he caught up with me and gave me a nod of approval(like I really needed one from a focus) but it was fun. Other then that its been other bases, some type s I keep up with suprisingly but they are stock, civics, tiburons. But some cars here are highly moded and I lose :( oh well. It is fun eitherway

·
Registered
235 Posts
alright, well i have a few impromptu races under my belt now, with a somewhat less satisfying record then i'd like. most of them are from last saturday. went out against a type s and i was actually surprised by the fact that he didn't pull on me like crazy, especially since my start was so much worse than his. but yeah, after a little less than a 1/4 mi, i was probably a foot or 2 from his rear bumper.

then i took on a 94 or so auto maxima. those things got some nice power, and especially nice torque. i killed him in the start but he had already caught up to me by the end of 1st gear. he beat me worse than the type s did.

last race of that night for me was an 02 2-door civic with k&n intake, magnaflow exhaust, and revo SS. his was the only car modded performance-wise among us. i raced him twice that night. first time i died from the start and absolutely could not pull on him. second time start was more even, with me doing slightly better tho apparently i was pulling on him throughout the race. he was probably around my rear fender or so by the end, or a little behind that. i've raced him a couple times before and he currently was more wins than i. our cars are like totally even in acceleration, so it just comes down to who has the better start really. kinda sucks considering how much less power his car's supposed to have. damn manuals, lol.

also that night, type s beat maxima at a couple lights, tho only after 2nd gear was like done. and the maxima killed civic.

that's about it. and trust me, i know how bad street racing is, and i'm young and naive for doing it. but we were just excited after the srt/euro meet and a couple guys we met knew a long, abandoned parking lot that was nice and pretty much safe. that's my story

hopefully i'll be able to kill the civic (at a track of course) once i get a cai in....

·
1 and 2 bars of fury
309 Posts
went against a spec v from a dead stop, beat me off the line. suprised that i can catch up.... those limited slips help

went against a golf from a roll , pulled him then he just flew right by me

raced my friends type s.we were even until end of 2nd- beginning of 3rd gear, he just pulled from then on

integra gs with intake and wheels from roll, killed him easily

·
boosted
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok since i started the tread i guess i should post some races...

Ive raced two Celica GT's. First one we began around 55 mph and finished at 90. I easily put a car and half on him. It must have been a auto. The second one i raced off the line. Not sure if he had any mods but i know he thinks his car is the hot shit since he works right behind where i work and parks it like its all pimped out and shit which it isnt. He has the wheels turned all the time like that makes it look 20 times cooler:dontknow: But anyways we tried racing once from a stop. I wasnt expecting it really (i didnt know he wanted to race untill he took off with his wheels spinning like mad.) Well i tried to jump on it and me stockies spun a little so he obviously jumped on my from the start. I began pulling on him at the end of first and we had to shut down at the start of 3rd with us dead even. I really cant wait to race him again and hand him his ass...

My favorite race was against a Turbo Carrera...well we all know the result of that. Surprisingly we were even at through first, then BYE BYE he was fucking gone. He probably didnt know we were racing. Looked like a little rich kid driving papi's car so w/e...them fuckers are fast let me tell ya.

Another race was against a debaged Focus. Im sure it was a ZX3. Well he looked like he had beef so he rev'd a little and it was off at green. He had a sweet ass jump on me cause im a bitch off the line (i get so damn nervous i dont know why). At the end of first i was at his fender, halfway through 2nd he was at my bumper when i hit 3rd i think he got scared and shut down like a bitch. There wasnt any cars for miles i know that road. I was pissed i really wanted to murder that focus.:firemad:

LOL another favorites was against a Celica GTS (my best friend) Well we both know his car is faster than mine. (He also has a history of always trying to one up me. I get something he tries to get something better. Past two times i bought a car he baught one 2 weeks later. I buy corsica he buy a better one, i by 98 accord he buys 2001 civic, i buy 2003 RSX he buys 2001 GTS. Its getting old) Well anyways he thinks his shit is the fastest ever. Until we finally get to a light. Well me and my other friends all know he cant shift for shit so i think i may be able to take him. So we come to a light and he looks at me like he wants to go so im like ok whatever lets go. Light turns green and we both take off like shit, im used to it now. We finally catch at the same time and we are dead even through 1st, through second IM GAINING!, by third im a fender ahead then he quits...so i tried to let him catch back up to me so i could ask what happend and he wouldnt catch up. The look on his face was priceless:D dont flame on this, im not saying i beat a GTS fair and square...the driver just SUCKSSSS ASSS.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i was coming home from ottawa......and was onthe 416........was minding my own business......doing about 120.....................i switch into the left lane to pass this truck....and out of the blue this done up focus gets right on my ass........i could hear the ehaust........full body kit......probably intake.,..........anyways......we get past this truck....and i move over cause i wasn't really in the mood to screw around.......and he keeps tailing me..............so i was in auto and switched over to ss...........down shifted to 3rd........and just gave it............he kept up almost to the end of third gear......i shifted out of third at 180.............and i pulled on him after that..........i slowed down.........when i hit 220.......he was at least 8 - 10 car lenghts back........he kept his distance after that......think i embarrased him.....stupid shit from quebec...................

·
Registered
391 Posts
I raced my friends stock 00 prelude sh. I couldnt wait cause he kept saying he wanted to race me and everyone thought he would smoke me.... yea his car's faster but I know I can drive better than him and plus its got like 300 pounds or so on me. Anyways I smoked him off the line and stayed ahead of him the whole time. I shut down in 3rd and had a hood on him. Call bs if you want, but like I said im a better driver than him and got a better take off. It felt good and I got the bragging rights now. :thumbsup: :laughing:

·
Registered
926 Posts
was his prelude an auto or manual??
If auto.... then you will beat him fair an square.... but if it was manual.... then he should have won!
Great kill though..... I still like the prelude's ! They're one of my fav's. Too bad they're discontinued!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
335 Posts
INTEGRA said:
I still like the prelude's ! They're one of my fav's. Too bad they're discontinued!:thumbsup:

·
boosted
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Akira9203 said:
I raced my friends stock 00 prelude sh. I couldnt wait cause he kept saying he wanted to race me and everyone thought he would smoke me.... yea his car's faster but I know I can drive better than him and plus its got like 300 pounds or so on me. Anyways I smoked him off the line and stayed ahead of him the whole time. I shut down in 3rd and had a hood on him. Call bs if you want, but like I said im a better driver than him and got a better take off. It felt good and I got the bragging rights now. :thumbsup: :laughing:
Nice kill man. I there is an 2000 Prelude Auto who is always around my apts. I would like to get a shot at him too just to see how i would fair against him.

·
Registered
391 Posts
RiordensRSX said:
Nice kill man. I there is an 2000 Prelude Auto who is always around my apts. I would like to get a shot at him too just to see how i would fair against him.

Yea if its stock once you smoke him off the line and if you can shift good he'll never catch up. All I got if cai and exuast.

·
boosted
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
see my prob is launching, what do you guys launch at? I try to launch at 3k but fuck up and bog it...i either bog it like a bitch or spin the tires like a BIOTCH how do i not do that shit

·
OG member
4,194 Posts
beat an is300 5spd from a stop. But the only reason why is because my friend didn't know hot to drive stick very well. He actually didn't launch..so yah..i beat him by one car length.

after the race from a stop, we raced on the freeway. Since i kne he was noob stick driver i thought he would have a better chance on the freeway. I was right...he walked me after 80mph...it was pretty bad =(...but i beat him from a stop =)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I race a 98 v6 mustang at the track...at first i was scared knowin it was a mustang...but i dind't care...soo we stage.. and the light turns green out of nowhere.. lolz (wasn't payin any attention)...so we took off. and i was in front of him by a car length and took him all the way.... was preaty surpriss.. =)

but here's a list of cars i kililed....

99 Prelude
92 Prelude
96 Eclips GS-T
Neon
Civic (all model)
v6 mustang
turbo Dodge Stealth (spelling)

Loses...
GSR hatchbak
Mustang bullet
turbocharge Si..