Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
I want to be 100% sure before I buy an aftermarket Type S exhaust system. I have one of those adapters for a Stock type S exhaust system. I was wondering can I use the same adapter for any aftermarket Type S exhaust system as well?

In the beginning of the thread it just states

1.Base header
2.Base test pipe
3.Adapter
4.Type S exhaust

or

1.Base Header
2.Base Cat
3.*Adapter*(to fit between the exhaust and cat, w/o it forget about trying to fit it)
4.Type S Exhaust

I m still very confused on this. Can I just use the adapter and order the Apexi WS2 catback system the one selling here on CRSX?

·
i haz gold plated diapers
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I want to be 100% sure before I buy an aftermarket Type S exhaust system. I have one of those adapters for a Stock type S exhaust system. I was wondering can I use the same adapter for any aftermarket Type S exhaust system as well?

In the beginning of the thread it just states

1.Base header
2.Base test pipe
3.Adapter
4.Type S exhaust

or

1.Base Header
2.Base Cat
3.*Adapter*(to fit between the exhaust and cat, w/o it forget about trying to fit it)
4.Type S Exhaust

I m still very confused on this. Can I just use the adapter and order the Apexi WS2 catback system the one selling here on CRSX?
look at the post above....the exhuast lengths between both are completely different without the adapter it will not bolt up to each other if your still using base header with stock cat/test pipe

·
Registered
176 Posts
look at the post above....the exhuast lengths between both are completely different without the adapter it will not bolt up to each other if your still using base header with stock cat/test pipe
I understand there is a length different. But if I have one of those Type S stock exhaust adapters already, would it be okie? I know the adapter compensates for STOCK type S exhausts, but would it compensate for the length for aftermarket Type S exhausts?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Where can you find the adapter to fit type-S exhausts on the base header/cat? Seems like my best option considering I want to keep a cat and I don't want to shell out hundreds for a type-s short header and cat just to make my PowerGetter fit.

Is there any reason why I definitely wouldn't want to go this route?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Where can you find the adapter to fit type-S exhausts on the base header/cat? Seems like my best option considering I want to keep a cat and I don't want to shell out hundreds for a type-s short header and cat just to make my PowerGetter fit.

Is there any reason why I definitely wouldn't want to go this route?
I found my adapter here on CRSX. Just keep updating, sometimes you will find one, and they are cheap. Mine was $10 before shipping. Good luck!

·
Registered
110 Posts
what are some downsides on puttin type s aftermarket RH/exhaust on a base?
It's a good question. I don't think there are any downsides. I've read that it'll sound different than with the type-s engine. I'm guessing that exhausts won't get as high pitched as on a type-s, especially with VTEC, since the base doesn't hit VTEC as hard. A race header, as opposed to a short header with a cat, will sound different again, since a race header-based exhaust system will be much less constricted. Not sure exactly *how* it'll be different though. :dontknow: Still learning...

·
Call 911.
2,232 Posts
I have an 04 base rsx and a buddy of mine is giving me his 05 type-s exhaust. I understand that it will work and both on my car, I just need an "ADAPTER" to make it fit if I decide to keep my base header/cat.

Where can I get this so called adapter?

·
Premium Member
13,839 Posts
i had an adapter, didnt like it. since the header is actual 'gain' and sound part so i tossed it and went w/ a type s header. (i have a 02 base)
tbh u can get a type s header for like 100bucks on here tops and it's easy to install. so i think it's worth it instead of just an adapter

·
Call 911.
2,232 Posts
i had an adapter, didnt like it. since the header is actual 'gain' and sound part so i tossed it and went w/ a type s header. (i have a 02 base)
tbh u can get a type s header for like 100bucks on here tops and it's easy to install. so i think it's worth it instead of just an adapter
So wong, all I would need is a Type-S Header and the 05 type-s exhaust will work? Do I need a cat too?

·
:lurk:
1,612 Posts
So wong, all I would need is a Type-S Header and the 05 type-s exhaust will work? Do I need a cat too?
yes. base and type-s cat are NOT interchangeable

·
Registered
110 Posts
They're also not cheap. Even a stock cat has a salvage value of well over $100 due to all the precious metals used in the part. I'm doing the same thing and got a stainless steel short header for $100, but a stock type-s cat (albeit pretty new) for $150.

81 - 100 of 119 Posts