Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
fizz chicago
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any base owners got their put on yet? any feedback or suggestions please...and yes..i looked around the boost section but i just thought id get a better response about base expierences here since this is a base model section

·
1 and 2 bars of fury
309 Posts
yea, there are a few turbo kits out there for the base right now, i'm waiting for the greddy kit to come out for the base.....

·
Registered
419 Posts
yeah i had CN..boosting at 15psi with a stage 2 daily..had a type s kit on a base rsx..yeah i did like it until my motor blew.

·
Registered
311 Posts
what were the conditions you were driving when it blew, how many miles did you have on it when it was installed, how many when it blew, did you have any transmission concerns.....facts?facts?facts?

·
Registered
311 Posts
okay, i remember reading that. is anyone else driving base automatic rsx with a cybernation turbo installed????

·
Registered
419 Posts
no the engine did not shoot fire out the exhaust..my motor just blew..a fried a piston and the ring..the driving conditions were fine..it was a little chilly that night..i had about 15k on the car..about 10k with the turbo..no transmission conerns..thats only with auto..i didnt have auto

·
Registered
826 Posts
What numbers was the turbo base putting down?

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
is greddy planning on making a turbo for base autos as well? or is cybernation the only one as of right now?

edit: i did a search and found out that greddy is or was suppose to release their base turbo this feb/march. again, the question of whether or not it will work with the base was asked yet not answered...thanks again

·
Registered
826 Posts
yeahi, cybernations. Thats awesome. Please post the pricing and dyno numbers when u get a chance.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I haven't found a single supercharger for the base, and as for turbos- they don't make any soley for the base model. However I hear that the closest fit is the cybernation stage I turbo kit for the TYPE-S- it requires slight modification such as cutting some piping for proper fit on the base but thats the closest I've found. Its pretty shitty that these companies are completely over looking base model owners while making parts for 1991 Civics...

·
Satin Silver SS
7,069 Posts
kayurpatel10 said:
I haven't found a single supercharger for the base, and as for turbos- they don't make any soley for the base model. However I hear that the closest fit is the cybernation stage I turbo kit for the TYPE-S- it requires slight modification such as cutting some piping for proper fit on the base but thats the closest I've found. Its pretty shitty that these companies are completely over looking base model owners while making parts for 1991 Civics...
jeebus man!!! brought a 1 year old thread back from the dead.

and yes there is a supercharger for the base!! JRSC MANG!!!!!! looks like u didnt search hard enough.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts